GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit the front subframe cover from the VW Tiguan (2016->)

S-4Motion

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen 4Mo
I've also heard that, I'm been thinking about putting a temperature probe down there to test how hot it gets. I will say that after driving to the light and getting it up in the air it was just luke warm to the touch and not at all hot on the hand.
I'd love to see the numbers if you do end up doing that. 👍

Faceman

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Looks great! I've been wanting to get that ECS Tunnel Shield, but I heard that putting a full size exhaust shield like that leads to the interior getting warm around the driveshaft tunnel. If it's not too much of a bother could you update us here if you notice any heat build up?
If you have a second cat or not would probably have an influence on this as well. The tunnel on my C5 Vette would get warm, too. Then once I added long tubes, it didn't heat up as much.

S-4Motion

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen 4Mo
If you have a second cat or not would probably have an influence on this as well. The tunnel on my C5 Vette would get warm, too. Then once I added long tubes, it didn't heat up as much.
I was under the impression that these cars only had 1 cat.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 Golf GT Estate
There was a post on a forum member who made up hid own full exhaust tunnel shield for his GSW I think...& yes he removed it as the tunnel (inside cabin) got warm on a long drive...

I think it depends on the exhaust boxes in the tunnel...the cats on the petrol cars are in the engine bay & there are two...as its close-coupled..I'll have to find the posts...

EDIT...

Forum member "CLDuckworth1"....read from this page....

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf | Page 13 | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

Faceman

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I was under the impression that these cars only had 1 cat.
Euro version of the 1.8/2.0 may only have one.

Aftermarket downpipes only have one, but its position may be in the engine bay or underneath, it depends on the manufacturer.