GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit the front brake air guides from the Audi RS3 (2017->)

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Reviving this thread. We have a few things we've made for our own track cars and could make them production for street cars and customers like you. Would there be any interest? Price would be competitive to OEM solutions and would be bigger than what's out there.
100% Arin. The issue would be that the "regular" Golf folks with 50mm steel knuckles get included as the RS3 ducts have to be modified to fit more than just the lower portion tabs that get cut off.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Reviving this thread. We have a few things we've made for our own track cars and could make them production for street cars and customers like you. Would there be any interest? Price would be competitive to OEM solutions and would be bigger than what's out there.
@golfdave are you gonna allow this?

"Disclaimer:- This info is for community usage. I am NOT affiliated to, or sponsored by, any company/individual to promote them or their products. Companies/individuals may NOT use my name, photos, or threads/technical guides, for financial or personal gain (fraudulent misrepresentation)."

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

This thread is a "how to retro fit" guide of an existing Audi part...please start your own thread (you regularly do) ....you are a parts brand & as below, people may think I am endorsing you...which I am not..

@golfdave are you gonna allow this?

"Disclaimer:- This info is for community usage. I am NOT affiliated to, or sponsored by, any company/individual to promote them or their products. Companies/individuals may NOT use my name, photos, or threads/technical guides, for financial or personal gain (fraudulent misrepresentation)."

Uphill1904

Car(s)
2017 R
Hi guys,

I got the RS3 airguides (8V0 407 811 & 8V0 407 812) and for me it was a difference between boiling the brake fluid on the track and not boiling it. So quite a difference. Recently I noticed that in ETKA there are new parts on the 2022 A3/S3/RS3 (can also be found on 2020 GY A3) - 8V0 407 811 A & 8V0 407 812 A. I was not able to find anything on these on this forum. It seems that these have sharper corner towards the caliper. I found them on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/175704228938. Did somebody tried them?

The diagram in ETKA is for the 5WA parts and that is the bottom LCA aero piece so don't get confused.
1687166403869.png

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
EDIT September 2023yr:-
Apex Nurburg (Misha Charoudin). This video (dated February 2023yr) on preparing their VW MK7 Golf GTI-PP, at the 4:19 mark they talk about using these same RS3 parts & have noticed an improvement in brake cooling!!