GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit the front brake air guides from the Audi RS3 (2017->)

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
could you outline how much you cut out? I want to cut the least amount as possible.

Don't remember. Slap them onto your LCA (don't fasten the zip ties) and then turn the steering wheel until the caliper starts hitting it (I had my buddy watch while I had the car on jack stands and was turning the wheel). That's the best way to do it so you don't unnecessarily cut off too much.

fragchild

These can be had for a little over half of what you are selling them for from e-acca.

Good to know. That e-acca price is before shipping of course.
$30 bucks shipped. These would come from Florida, so if you're on the east coast you'd get them in a few days.
Ducts were sold.

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
@golfdave

hey there, I was wondering if you are willing to buy the ducts, modify them and ship them out to me. if yes then we can discuss privately. thanks!

I've got enough on my plate at the moment as it is!!!...:oops:…...

You can do it ….its one of the simplest DIY's I've written on here!!

neoupa2002

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf Wagon
Just wondering, for all of us with the older wishbone/arm design, would the newer design arm (e.g. the newer R and GTIs) be a bolt on replacement?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Just wondering, for all of us with the older wishbone/arm design, would the newer design arm (e.g. the newer R and GTIs) be a bolt on replacement?

The wishbone is a straight bolt on ..& the air guides would strap onto the arm without any modification to the legs...you will still need modification to clear the brake calipers though.

neoupa2002

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf Wagon
The wishbone is a straight bolt on ..& the air guides would strap onto the arm without any modification to the legs...you will still need modification to clear the brake calipers though.

Many thanks, something to keep in mind if I ever need to replace the arm in the future

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Many thanks, something to keep in mind if I ever need to replace the arm in the future

Something I'm planning as the newer arm & defo the R/CCS arm has a stronger rear bush...

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Reviving this thread. We have a few things we've made for our own track cars and could make them production for street cars and customers like you. Would there be any interest? Price would be competitive to OEM solutions and would be bigger than what's out there.

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
Reviving this thread. We have a few things we've made for our own track cars and could make them production for street cars and customers like you. Would there be any interest? Price would be competitive to OEM solutions and would be bigger than what's out there.
Yes, id be interested in a direct fit solution for an mk7 GTI.

Thanks