GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Found a new aero piece for the S3, probably can fit our mk7 GTI's.

1:32 start to show it. Bryce Jordan installing Verkline anti squat arms on his very new Audi S3. (Wish my day job paid that much, Verkline is $$$)

Anyhow, the parts are small covers to close the gap at rear of bottom cover to the gas tank. Just under the rear seat.

Anybody have an idea on parts numbers?
I'm pretty sure my mk7.5 has the same underbody as his s3.
I'll go look after I shovel some snow away from the car....

Thats the stuff from the MK8 Golf...... Unfortunately it won't fit ours unless you modify it. The reason being is that the wheelbase is longer on the MK8 & the standard front side panels (undertrays each side of the exhaust) that it joins to are longer on the MK8.....if you swap those big long side panels for MK8 ones you'll be fine...

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu
Huh, didn't expect that, as all the stuff I can find shows wheelbase and body length same, or within .2"
Any idea on the part #'s involved?

Modding/ cutting parts doesn't bother me. Mk5 parts had to be tweaked to fit on my mk7.5 Rabbit (45minutes of annoyance under the car........)

I'll google mk8 underbody cladding, but that may not kick out any numbers due to its' new.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Huh, didn't expect that, as all the stuff I can find shows wheelbase and body length same, or within .2"
Any idea on the part #'s involved?

Modding/ cutting parts doesn't bother me. Mk5 parts had to be tweaked to fit on my mk7.5 Rabbit (45minutes of annoyance under the car........)

I'll google mk8 underbody cladding, but that may not kick out any numbers due to its' new.

I thought the wheelbase was longer....anyway the side panel must be shorter...some forum member tried it on here & they had to make a a 2ich wide strip to bolt the MK8 panel to ..to then bolt to the existing side panel...

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I thought the wheelbase was longer....anyway the side panel must be shorter...some forum member tried it on here & they had to make a a 2ich wide strip to bolt the MK8 panel to ..to then bolt to the existing side panel...
I believe the wheelbase is almost identical when it comes to the hatch, .2"(5mm)ish difference. The wagons have a longer wheelbase.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I believe the wheelbase is almost identical when it comes to the hatch, .2"(5mm)ish difference. The wagons have a longer wheelbase.
Thats why I was thinking it was longer...GSW is now based on the Skoda Octavia MK4..basically a rebadge...as its cheaper to produce..

MK3 Octavia was 2inch longer than MK7 Golf in wheelbase..

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu
Thank you.
Running out of weekend, so searching audi? ekta it seems will be later. I will check that section of my 2019 Rabbit now though, snow kinda melted outside.....

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu
Checked out my 2019.
I've got the rear pivot holes, but not the slots in the long underbody end.
But a little dremel work never bothered me.

Attachments

• 20220313_191913.jpg
    20220313_191913.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 176

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Are those parts from Mk8 5WA825101E and 5WA825102A?

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu
Thanks,
But looking for those part # in the usa makes me want to cut some sheet abs to fit. The US price is astronomical considering its a $16 euro part.
Unfortunately,
Without the original piece, if I cut slots in the back of the long underbody, it would probably not fit the OEM part.

RaySkodaTSI

Ready to race!
Just wanted to say thanks for all the info - fitted the front aero undertray, rear exhaust tunnel cover and rear subframe cover to my 2019 GTI PP, along with the rear subframe harmonic damper and the RS3 front brake air guides. In case it helps anyone else...

• The Mk8 front exhaust tunnel cover doesn't fit my car - it hits the GPF can. I could probably bend it slightly, but I suspect it would rattle against the GPF if I did...
  • Engine aero undertray part number 5Q0825236N is a perfect fit - it has the two NACA ducts and the sound absorbing mat on the inside.
  • Different thread I know, but the rivnuts for the Mk8 rear lower arm covers are really tough to install - I broke my rivnut tool trying, so I'm going to get some more of the plastic push rivets instead...
Thanks again!
I fit that mk8 aero piece on my GPF car. Took a few nuts to space the shield and it fit over the GPF like a glove. See the video below.

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu
Great!
Looking forward to the the liners under the rear bumper?
And I checked your videos, just watched the install for the little L shaped pieces!
Thanks!
The parts seem to be difficult to find in the USA.

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Thanks,
But looking for those part # in the usa makes me want to cut some sheet abs to fit. The US price is astronomical considering its a $16 euro part.
Unfortunately,
Without the original piece, if I cut slots in the back of the long underbody, it would probably not fit the OEM part.

Well it is ca 30 euros per piece at dealer in EU countries (tried both in CZ and AT) :-(

RasTunes

Car(s)
Golf GTD DSG 2016
Hi, thanks for your write up golfdave. I'm part way through following your guide. Front tunnel cover and MK8 rear aero covers fitted so far, noticeable difference in noise already and a jump in economy on my 1st commute. +4mpg was a shock but it must be down to other factors too.

The MK8 axle cover will fit perfectly once I order the right bracket instead of the left 😖 but I'm having trouble with the rear exhaust cover 5Q0 825 206 K. Has anybody else had an issue with this panel being too short? I've got a 2016 GTD DSG with sport & sound pack and my panel is 35mm too short and does look like it will also foul the exhaust if it did fit. The side body panels appear to finish in the same place as other pictures found and I cant find any other part numbers for different panels or fuel tank that might be causing the issue. The only thing I did notice was that my engine code isn't listed in control data which I assume is down to the exhaust placement?

Am I the only one who's had this issue? I can't find any reference of anyone else having the same.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hi, thanks for your write up golfdave. I'm part way through following your guide. Front tunnel cover and MK8 rear aero covers fitted so far, noticeable difference in noise already and a jump in economy on my 1st commute. +4mpg was a shock but it must be down to other factors too.

The MK8 axle cover will fit perfectly once I order the right bracket instead of the left 😖 but I'm having trouble with the rear exhaust cover 5Q0 825 206 K. Has anybody else had an issue with this panel being too short? I've got a 2016 GTD DSG with sport & sound pack and my panel is 35mm too short and does look like it will also foul the exhaust if it did fit. The side body panels appear to finish in the same place as other pictures found and I cant find any other part numbers for different panels or fuel tank that might be causing the issue. The only thing I did notice was that my engine code isn't listed in control data which I assume is down to the exhaust placement?

Am I the only one who's had this issue? I can't find any reference of anyone else having the same.

Can't figure out what the problem is..... 🤷‍♂️ ...either wrong part given to you, or part letter has changed....parts as listed for the rear exhaust tunnel cover..

Quote from first page in thread:-

This item covers the exhaust area where it bends around between the fuel tank & the rear wheel, by joining onto the fuel tank & the big under tray for the side of the car. The part code is 5Q0 825 206C, although ETKA says the product has been superseded by version "K". The item still has "C" moulded onto it, & is stickered over with "K" on the ID sticker! ETKA describes this rear trim as "production ceased 2013, replacement part is K".

Parts required

VAG ETKA illustration for VW Golf Mk7/Body/No.825-000,
Parts list & approx. costs in UK £
For multilink rear suspension:-
Item No.18:- 5Q0 825 206 C (K)
, Underbody trim, £13.31 (x1)*** (might also appear as "E") (PR code = 0N4 for multi-link axle)
Item No.19:- N903 350 05, Speed washer, £?.?? (x2)
Item No.20:- N909 591 01, Clip/Speed nut, £0.48 (x1) ***
Item No.22:- N909 747 01, Black wide head T-star screw A04B, £0.17 (x2) ***
*** = Only these items required from the dealers in my project! ***

RasTunes

Car(s)
Golf GTD DSG 2016
Got the problem thank you. The labels say 206 K but the moulded part no. is M which is listed as a sports van part and 30mm shorter. Fingers crossed TPS will sort it out. So glad I'm not going mad.