GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

OryxRob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI PP Oryx
Spoke to parts guy at VW, he's said the M has replaced the C version. Can anyone measure a C version length? Seems odd they'd replace with a different one that doesn't fit.
Would VW get Skoda parts in? I know they're all the same VAG but not sure if it's for an Octavia they'd get it.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Spoke to parts guy at VW, he's said the M has replaced the C version. Can anyone measure a C version length? Seems odd they'd replace with a different one that doesn't fit.
Would VW get Skoda parts in? I know they're all the same VAG but not sure if it's for an Octavia they'd get it.

Its C or K version...ask for the K version then..as mine was a "K" version but actually had "C" on it & was stickered over with "K"...

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
I put the K version too. Bought it at Škoda. Ordered via email – not asked them to look for suitable part, just told them…Part XY, how much?

Btw. fixing strut for that cover on the chassis was missing on my Mk7.5

Here next to or at domestic market, VW dealer can sell most of the parts across the konzern. However, some really unique for better cars like Audi cannot be sold directly by VW. Same case for Škoda – purely Škoda service even cannot accept VW for service. However, vast majority of VAG services are combined (less in terms of showrooms/part sellers)

ZimmLR

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Question for the group and forgive me if this has been covered somewhere within this massive thread: I received a couple of throw-in under trays from a local Mk7 owner upon purchasing an RSB. Curious as to what the purpose of these trays are (reduces drag, allows for easier access over a singular under tray?). Part numbers 5Q0 825 249 and 5Q0 825 206K
506A4A3A-735A-4B39-B980-133A2D6AB4E3.jpeg

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Not a standart for regular cars, factory fitted for Bluemotion so I guess that lower aero drag/better MPG are the key purpose....I supose...

OryxRob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI PP Oryx
Its C or K version...ask for the K version then..as mine was a "K" version but actually had "C" on it & was stickered over with "K"...
VW guy was adamant it’s superseded, I recon he’s fu£3d up & ordered wrong part so I ordered it from AUDI instead!! Proper part now here & just got to fit it this weekend.

KBob

Car(s)
Golf Mk7.5 GTI
Question for the group and forgive me if this has been covered somewhere within this massive thread: I received a couple of throw-in under trays from a local Mk7 owner upon purchasing an RSB. Curious as to what the purpose of these trays are (reduces drag, allows for easier access over a singular under tray?). Part numbers 5Q0 825 249 and 5Q0 825 206K
View attachment 217444

Front tunnel cover and left hand side exhaust cover. For aero. Work well. See start of this thread.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
View attachment 217444

mainly aero......it will also come under the function of "splash protection".....it will also stop any stones in those areas hitting metalwork & so any stone impacts in those areas will be quieter...

RobertJG25

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf 1.4 TSI
mainly aero......it will also come under the function of "splash protection".....it will also stop any stones in those areas hitting metalwork & so any stone impacts in those areas will be quieter...
Just for clarity, 5Q0 825 206K is the one to get for the multi-link regular Golf/GTI cars? There's no difference for the longer GSW/Estate?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Just for clarity, 5Q0 825 206K is the one to get for the multi-link regular Golf/GTI cars? There's no difference for the longer GSW/Estate?

Multilink GSW & Hatch are the same up to & including the rear suspension.....

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Sorry to be a nuisance, but at the risk of having to read all 63 pages, can someone tell me what parts (and numbers) i need in total to fit the rear axle cover (between the tank and the rear wishbones), on a MK7.5 GTI Hatch. I've seen mention of long versions, short versions and MK8 versions.

If i understand correctly the long version is only for Estates (wagon's), and the short versions for the hatchback, but I think I also read that the original short version is now discontinued by VW, but that the MK8 version fits ? Could also do with all the fixings too please as that will now complete my aero on the bottom.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Sorry to be a nuisance, but at the risk of having to read all 63 pages, can someone tell me what parts (and numbers) i need in total to fit the rear axle cover (between the tank and the rear wishbones), on a MK7.5 GTI Hatch. I've seen mention of long versions, short versions and MK8 versions.

If i understand correctly the long version is only for Estates (wagon's), and the short versions for the hatchback, but I think I also read that the original short version is now discontinued by VW, but that the MK8 version fits ? Could also do with all the fixings too please as that will now complete my aero on the bottom.
It’s on this post from page 1, Dave’s pretty good with also updating the first posts as results and updates come about from members through out the 63 pages too, cause yeah otherwise it would be a nightmare to find it… I got the mk8 version and can confirm it fits.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...tone-guards-to-a-mk7-golf.320687/post-6659749

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

No problems......I write the guides & all the relevant info is always in the first few posts....& I try my best to update those first posts with new & relevant info...

Basically I am slowly rewriting them & the better how to guides state "part 1 of 3" etc....got to get this one big thread redone.....just so many things to sort out at home!!..

Reactions: q74