GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

KBob

Car(s)
Golf Mk7.5 GTI
Thank you golfdave for this topic. Mk7.5 GTI

_KRT5447-3.jpg

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Installed the mk8 front LCA aero covers today. Didn't like that I had to modify them as much as I had to, but they will work nonetheless. Had to modify one of the mount holes as it didn't line up and then had to trim some of the edge to allow for the mounting points for the RS3 brake ducts.

Thanks again for all of the great information here. One step closer to trying to make that panel that covers the gas tank area in the future.
186495006_10220139401738652_7157753081689687976_n.jpg
186022835_10220139402298666_2570400442243885035_n.jpg
186955831_10220139401258640_5592706948147573266_n.jpg

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Installed the mk8 front LCA aero covers today. Didn't like that I had to modify them as much as I had to, but they will work nonetheless. Had to modify one of the mount holes as it didn't line up and then had to trim some of the edge to allow for the mounting points for the RS3 brake ducts.

Thanks again for all of the great information here. One step closer to trying to make that panel that covers the gas tank area in the future.View attachment 213710

I haven't done the Mk8 lower front arm aero covers for the same reasons.....some say it fits the arm 100%, but VW used two different pressed steel arms from what I can find out on the Mk7/7.5....& the Mk8 arm match's one of them..

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I haven't done the Mk8 lower front arm aero covers for the same reasons.....some say it fits the arm 100%, but VW used two different pressed steel arms from what I can find out on the Mk7/7.5....& the Mk8 arm match's one of them..
Can confirm it is not 100% fitment lol. one of the holes is slightly off, but with a little work I made it fit. I will say that those plastic rivets take a lot more force then I expected, so at least those will hold up.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Dave, what's the PN for the subframe cover? Can't find it in the 62 pages of this wonderful thread. Also, what's needed to install it on a GTI?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Yup, found it by googling. Thanks.
Will order my set soon.

Yeah I made that a separate thread..the main one is getting way too big...I'm still tackling rewrites .....& I've still got a few new ones to do, main info threads on tuning the EA211 engines..

OryxRob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI PP Oryx
Fitted front exhaust tunnel cover, mk8 rear axle cover & mk8 rear arm stone guards.
id say it’s a little quieter following installation. Can hear the exhaust note more now over road noise.

Sadly the rear exhaust tunnel cover was too short, I ordered 5Q0 825 206C (k) but received M for some reason & this is about 2” too short. I Need to query with dealer If wrong part ordered or if it’s been superseded.

Attachments

• IMG_20210523_134144.jpg
    IMG_20210523_134144.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 249

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Fitted front exhaust tunnel cover, mk8 rear axle cover & mk8 rear arm stone guards.
id say it’s a little quieter following installation. Can hear the exhaust note more now over road noise.

Sadly the rear exhaust tunnel cover was too short, I ordered 5Q0 825 206C (k) but received M for some reason & this is about 2” too short. I Need to query with dealer If wrong part ordered or if it’s been superseded.
I'm because the mk8 side pieces are longer and would normally meet up with that piece you added.

OryxRob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI PP Oryx
So, is the M suffix one off a mk8 then? I ordered the C (k) suffix like Dave has fitted from his write-up but they sent me the M one. Need to argue the toss with the dealer, checked my order & I definitely ordered the correct one.
But It's £25 so I'll not lose any sleep.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
So, is the M suffix one off a mk8 then? I ordered the C (k) suffix like Dave has fitted from his write-up but they sent me the M one. Need to argue the toss with the dealer, checked my order & I definitely ordered the correct one.
But It's £25 so I'll not lose any sleep.

I don't think its the Mk8 item..??...I thought it might be the torsion beam version but that's a different shape & has extra tabs which are near to your camera.....so god knows WTF that part is...

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I don't think its the Mk8 item..??...I thought it might be the torsion beam version but that's a different shape & has extra tabs which are near to your camera.....so god knows WTF that part is...
Opps, I might have just completely blown that one lol

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
The part with M index is for Škoda Octavia Mk3 for multilink. With L index for torsion beam. Anyway both won't likely fit for Golf as Octavia is bigger.

Last edited: