GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I don't think there is any issue with heat escaping but I'd have to do back-to-back testing to verify.

That exhaust tunnel cover won't fit without modifications. I use the short one.

That rear cover won't fit awd models.

Only other piece is the subframe cover.
Just FYI when I switched to the full-length belly pan (with front air inlets) I noticed a ~5-7 degree F increase in oil temp for my 1.8TSI on long drives on hot days. Not a big deal, but the pan does trap more heat.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Just FYI when I switched to the full-length belly pan (with front air inlets) I noticed a ~5-7 degree F increase in oil temp for my 1.8TSI on long drives on hot days. Not a big deal, but the pan does trap more heat.
I don't recall any changes but easy to test out.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
This picture suggests it's getting out. I didn't have the subframe cover at this point:

A93A6766.jpg

Aarodynamics

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7/F87/982/992
This picture suggests it's getting out. I didn't have the subframe cover at this point
That definitely looks like a decent amount of heat under the car (hard to say though whether that’s exhaust or engine though, right?).
Are you running the full belly pan at this point and thoughts on using the fully belly pan on track if you don’t have additional cooling?
It’s just not clear to me how the hot air escapes if you have the full belly pan… is there still plenty of room at the back of the engine for it to get out?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
That definitely looks like a decent amount of heat under the car (hard to say though whether that’s exhaust or engine though, right?).
Are you running the full belly pan at this point and thoughts on using the fully belly pan on track if you don’t have additional cooling?
It’s just not clear to me how the hot air escapes if you have the full belly pan… is there still plenty of room at the back of the engine for it to get out?
Yes, I run the full-length shield, subframe cover, and short exhaust tunnel cover. Heat would escape out the side into the wheel wells and out the exhaust tunnel essentially. You also gain some aero here so keep that in mind. My car basically runs the same temps on track as it always has with these on.

Aarodynamics

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7/F87/982/992
Optional Audi Cabriolet METAL skid tray,
This item covers the whole of the metal subframe. The Audi subframe is an "open web" design made in Aluminium alloy, so not as aero as our sheet metal "closed" design.
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=662179&postcount=376

Parts sheet:-
https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a3+cabriolet/a3ca/2016-778/8/825-825000/#24

Note there are numerous versions of the tray (ie ducts)

Item No. 24:- 5Q7 825 235 A or B or C or D, skid tray
Item No. 25:- N907 371 07, Fillister head bolt with multi point socket M6x12mm (x 4) For front edge with bumper
Item No. 26:- N909 747 01, Hex socket head bolt M5x16mm (x7) for fixing the wheel arch side edges
Item No. 27:- N907 583 02, Hex socket bolt combi M8x25mm (x9) for the main nine.

I can't find brackets for this & think its a different style fit??

Haven't seen anyone mention the Audi MQB cabrio metal skid plate here, not sure if it would work on other MQBs tho

5Q7825236B\E
Did anyone ever figure out which brackets, if any are needed. for affixing the 5Q7825236B Audi aluminum skid tray?
I'm thinking this might be a good fit given I have the Audi aluminum subframe on my Mk7 Golf R.
Any downsides to it other than price?