GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

golfdave

Drag Racing Champion
Ride
MK7 Golf GT Estate
I have no idea if your oil pan will interfere with the VW skid tray...if it interferes with it, it will likely do so with the other skid trays as they make to fit the VW oil pan...however I think most oil pan brands make to fit the full thin aero tray, so it should be OK.

The front exhaust tunnel tray, if you are trying to fit the long cover, you will have to bend the side wings, & you can buy the cross bar that the 2wd have & use longer bolts & bolt it to the propshaft support bracket..I state part numbers in the how to guide at the beginning of this thread..

Versus are the only people that I know of who make a big rear diffuser...

bruce0293

My front tunnel cover saw speeds over 140mph at Watkins Glen. No issues but it was secured with reinforced Thomas and Betts cable ties rather than pins

I've only been running the Verus rear diffuser for a week but it seems to work well at high speeds. I'm looking forward to testing it out soon on track :)
Do you have any pictures of it on the car? Kindly spoken, how does it feel different, if you can explain.

bruce0293

I have no idea if your oil pan will interfere with the VW skid tray...if it interferes with it, it will likely do so with the other skid trays as they make to fit the VW oil pan...however I think most oil pan brands make to fit the full thin aero tray, so it should be OK.

The front exhaust tunnel tray, if you are trying to fit the long cover, you will have to bend the side wings, & you can buy the cross bar that the 2wd have & use longer bolts & bolt it to the propshaft support bracket..I state part numbers in the how to guide at the beginning of this thread..

Versus are the only people that I know of who make a big rear diffuser...
Thank you

Reggie Enchilada

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone aware of any fitment issues with using the FRP skid plate with brackets and a CTS FMIC? Based on the pictures here, the IC hoses don't appear to sit any lower than the stock ones.

Last edited:

Faceman

Drag Race Newbie
Ride
'17 GSW 4Motion
Anyone aware of any fitment issues with using the FRP skid plate with brackets and a CTS FMIC? Based on the pictures here, the IC hoses don't appear to sit any lower than the stock ones.
I don't believe it's a height issue. The brackets that are added and mount to the front of the plate will block a FMIC's hoses.

Reggie Enchilada

Drag Race Newbie
How so? The FMIC hoses follow the same path as the stock ones, except that they go to the front of the IC stack instead of the middle. Is there a fitment diagram or picture that shows where the brackets go? I haven't been able to find one yet.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Ride
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny