GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to replace boot floor covering

Scott24

Car(s)
Golf Mk7.5
Hi guys,

I’ve used this forum for tips before however never posted myself.. hopefully someone can help!

I removed the boot floor covering (see below pics)

image.jpg

image.jpg

I did this as I have to clean the mess and smell from a smashed bottle of wine in the boot, this was smelling the car out pretty bad.

My question is, I managed to remove the floor covering without undoing any screws etc. Now that I’ve cleaned it, how can I place the floor covering back? What are the steps I need to take to remove trims etc?

Car is Golf mk7.5

Thank you in advance for your help,

Scott

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
It will go in with some patience and tucking. Some know that I have LOTS of wiring back there; so, mine's been out a few times and will be out again soon. I've also removed the rear panel, but I don't recall if it comes out by pulling "upward" or "forward" (direction to release the clips). Just know that there's a T25ish screw at each side of the rear before you go tugging on the rear trim panel.

Scott24

Car(s)
Golf Mk7.5
It will go in with some patience and tucking. Some know that I have LOTS of wiring back there; so, mine's been out a few times and will be out again soon. I've also removed the rear panel, but I don't recall if it comes out by pulling "upward" or "forward" (direction to release the clips). Just know that there's a T25ish screw at each side of the rear before you go tugging on the rear trim panel.
Thanks for your reply ! I figured I may be able to navigate it back with the help of bending it, but was wondering how easy it is to remove the plastic trim panels? For example what screwdriver would I need etc? are there steps to removing each trim panel that I should be aware of? Thanks again ..