GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[HOW TO PATCH Component Protection] MIB2/MST2 Delphi HeadUnit (MST2_VW_xxxxxD) patch [FEC/SWAP/CID/CP]Android Auto,CarPlay and many more

Stefan-

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7
I have MST2_EU_VW_E0220D, I really want to activate the App connect, the dealer wants me to pay 341 euros for that. Anyone have any tips ?

Ripo34

Car(s)
Touran
Hi Team, quick question as i'm new in this area.
I've the P9122D train sw (842). Telnet is not accessible on that version. Should i update with the version MST2_EU_VW_P0879D_MU0879-wTelnet that i found on mibsolution ?
thanks in advance for your help

JanekM

Car(s)
VW Passat B8 1.8 HL
Welcome to All
As instructed, I have unlocked APPConnect services and voice control in my MIB2 Delphi.
Previously I had to downgrade the firmware version to 0891D.
After the operation I removed the unnecessary .fec codes and everything worked correctly.
Only the error problem remained: OBD11 shows a static error U111100. Possible to remove but appears again.
How to deal with this? I have no idea at all.

JanekM

Car(s)
VW Passat B8 1.8 HL
Hi Team, quick question as i'm new in this area.
I've the P9122D train sw (842). Telnet is not accessible on that version. Should i update with the version MST2_EU_VW_P0879D_MU0879-wTelnet that i found on mibsolution ?
thanks in advance for your help
0891 version will be enough - easier to upgrade (directly via SD card).

Last edited:

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
0891 version will be enough - easier to upgrade (directly via SD card).
Do you know what the latest 08xx U.S. version available is with telnet? My replacement MIB2 Delphi came out of a Tiguan and is running 0867, unclear if it can be upgraded past that or not?
Welcome to All
As instructed, I have unlocked APPConnect services and voice control in my MIB2 Delphi.
Previously I had to downgrade the firmware version to 0891D.
After the operation I removed the unnecessary .fec codes and everything worked correctly.
Only the error problem remained: OBD11 shows a static error U111100. Possible to remove but appears again.
How to deal with this? I have no idea at all.
Similar issue, after the MIB swap I've got static U105400 (Information electronics control module 1, no communication.) Won't clear unfortunately in case anyone has any tips on how to solve.

JanekM

Car(s)
VW Passat B8 1.8 HL
Do you know what the latest 08xx U.S. version available is with telnet? My replacement MIB2 Delphi came out of a Tiguan and is running 0867, unclear if it can be upgraded past that or not?
I found version no 0870, but with earlier date (0870 - 31 mar. 2021, 0867 - 30 sept. 2021)
This may mean that 0867 is in fact the latest version, but I'm not sure.

In my experience at VW, new firmware versions don't bring much new to support the MIB unit. Certainly no new features or options, only repairs of bug.
If everything is ok with your MIB2, think about leaving the current version.

moebius

I have purchased a MIB2 .. with MST2_US_VW_P0867D_STD_PLUS which I'm trying to fit to my 2015 Golf. Unfortunately, when I connect the USB ethernet adapter, I do not get an ip address.
It appears that IP is never displayed in the Green Engineering Menu.

I've tried to separate ASIX88772 units, and I have adjusted the PID/VID via ethtool to try be Dlink DUB-E100 rev B1, C1, D1 (I followed instructions here:
) . and none of the versions of the D-Link DUB-E100 VID/PID seem to work.

Component protection is active - is that preventing ethernet access?
Should I try a AX88179 ? Is there some other trouble shooting step I should take?
I could try upgdating the firmware to version 0870, but I have not taken that step yet.

Should I try a different VID/PID?
such as:
SMSC9500 (0x0424, 0x9500)
Germaneers LAN9514 (0x2721, 0xec00)
Cinterion AH6A 3G (0x1e2d, 0x0055)
Cinterion ALS1/ALS6 (0x1e2d, 0x0060)
Thank you for any suggestions.

Last edited:

Serk2000

Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf
Hi all if possible would like some assistance.
Followed all the steps to getting everything prepared but when trying to mount and copy over files such as the SWaP file putty is unable to do so.
Each attempt leads to an error along the line of saying failed: umount function not implemented.
Thanks!

guccigolf

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MY17 TSI Comfortline
Is there a clear update path for my unit? MST2_EU_VW_P0628D.

The update path I see on mib.solution is all for the 08xx train versions

MopedMan

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Estate 1.6 TD
Hi,

Before I jump right into this, can someone clarify a few things:

By flashing newer (or even patches software), can features such as Android Auto be enabled?
For someone who has never attempted this task, but isn't a total technophobia, what timeframe could this be completed in?

Dave11674

Car(s)
2014 Golf R
I have purchased a MIB2 .. with MST2_US_VW_P0867D_STD_PLUS which I'm trying to fit to my 2015 Golf. Unfortunately, when I connect the USB ethernet adapter, I do not get an ip address.
It appears that IP is never displayed in the Green Engineering Menu.

I've tried to separate ASIX88772 units, and I have adjusted the PID/VID via ethtool to try be Dlink DUB-E100 rev B1, C1, D1 (I followed instructions here:
) . and none of the versions of the D-Link DUB-E100 VID/PID seem to work.

Component protection is active - is that preventing ethernet access?
Should I try a AX88179 ? Is there some other trouble shooting step I should take?
I could try upgdating the firmware to version 0870, but I have not taken that step yet.

Should I try a different VID/PID?
such as:
SMSC9500 (0x0424, 0x9500)
Germaneers LAN9514 (0x2721, 0xec00)
Cinterion AH6A 3G (0x1e2d, 0x0055)
Cinterion ALS1/ALS6 (0x1e2d, 0x0060)
Thank you for any suggestions.

ok i need to revive this thread

so how did you get on with this MST2_US_VW_P0867D_STD_PLUS ??
i have a MST2_EU_VW_P0867D_STD
and im hell bent on hacking it
i will post all my findings here in this forum too

so i have a SYNCWIRE usb to ethernet adapter
im hoping this will suffice
am i right in thinking this plugs into the MIB2 usb socket and then ethernet directly to your laptop ?

i think first cos we are on 867 firmware we need to updateor downgrade it to a different version thats hackable (patched files for) other than 0867 or 0879

so first im off to the famous repo for said firmware to do the firmware upgrade

green engineer menu i have already activated on my unit via my VCDS HEX-NET in 5F > security 16 > enter cos "S12345" and click Do It
it will go back to 5F
no go into adaptations and in the seach box type "developer" and then in the drop down you should only have 1 option "IDE02122 - Developer mode
select it and it will tell you if its not activated or if it is activated.
if not select "activated from the new value drop down and click "Do It" then in the pop up box select "YES" the controller should accept the requestc
click "OK" the "Go Back"
Close Controller
hold in the power button for say 15 seconds till the unit hard reboots
once loaded up fully
hold in "MENU" button again for 10 - 15 seconds, first you will get into service menu, keep holding, then Testmode Menue will show
green engineer menu should be here now.

so thats that step donw
ill report back after i update the firmware
repo site is very very slow lol

thanks

dave

moebius

so how did you get on with this MST2_US_VW_P0867D_STD_PLUS ??
i have a MST2_EU_VW_P0867D_STD
and im hell bent on hacking it
i will post all my findings here in this forum too
Beats me, - my MST2_US got bricked.. so i have a dead unit. :(
I tried a couple different firmwares.. pre-hacked and otherwise, but I could never get it to work.
I thought I had it once, but .. when i was copying over the patched files.. something didn't go.. and now it's bricked. :(

Dave11674

Car(s)
2014 Golf R
Beats me, - my MST2_US got bricked.. so i have a dead unit. :(
I tried a couple different firmwares.. pre-hacked and otherwise, but I could never get it to work.
I thought I had it once, but .. when i was copying over the patched files.. something didn't go.. and now it's bricked. :(
damn thats bummer :(

im trying to grab the patched from the OP links
but the links are dead and i cannot grab the files :S

dave

Dave11674

Car(s)
2014 Golf R
try new aio patch its very much easy pezzy, lemon squezzy
i tried using this as of late, i couldn't get it to remove CP or do any other patches
your supposed to put the patch .sh in the root of the card right and name it to delphi.sh
i did this,.....reading sd card....
waits 5 seconds then reboots
but nothing changed on the deck

any ideas ?

thanks