GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[HOW TO PATCH Component Protection] MIB2/MST2 Delphi HeadUnit (MST2_VW_xxxxxD) patch [FEC/SWAP/CID/CP]Android Auto,CarPlay and many more

VQVW

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Alltrack SE 6MT
Nope. I just told them about the bug and they searched for a firmware and ended up getting 0879. Maybe there's an even more updated version by now. Annoying how the version numbers aren't in sequence.
Agreed. I think 879 probably is the most recent. From what I have read in a couple of threads, and based on the TSB, I think this might be the correct sequence for firmwares, or close:

0842, 0867, 0870, 0890 (0891 in EU), 0876, 0879.
867 might actually be newer than 0870, but that probably doesn't matter much at this point. Flash the newest you can get.

pedroYUL

Car(s)
2015 GSW S
This thread is fantastic, thank you so much @ashok9949 !

If my Delphi unit is already patched, all I need to do is copy the latest firmware version to an SD card and update from there, or am I missing something?

Chimuel

Car(s)
Mk7 GSW 971 Turbo ST
Is there a reason for me to patch -- CP and FECs all good on my end. Is there a newer version of my firmware?

Train: MST2_US_VW_P0504D / MU: 0613 / HW: 3Q0-035-844 / Software Version: H25.14.78_STD2Plus_NAR

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Agreed. I think 879 probably is the most recent. From what I have read in a couple of threads, and based on the TSB, I think this might be the correct sequence for firmwares, or close:

0842, 0867, 0870, 0890 (0891 in EU), 0876, 0879.
867 might actually be newer than 0870, but that probably doesn't matter much at this point. Flash the newest you can get.
Just had the dealer update my MIB to 0879 under warranty. Can't say it feels any different, maybe slightly more responsive. Just thought I'd add that it does appear 0879 is the latest. Here's some before and after of the details for comparison if it's helpful to anyone:

Attachments

• IMG_1056.jpeg
    IMG_1056.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2,169
  • IMG_1057.jpeg
    IMG_1057.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 986
  • IMG_1079.jpeg
    IMG_1079.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 855
  • IMG_1080.jpeg
    IMG_1080.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,060

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Nope. I just told them about the bug and they searched for a firmware and ended up getting 0879. Maybe there's an even more updated version by now. Annoying how the version numbers aren't in sequence.
When you got yours done, did you lose the "display time in standby mode" setting under Menu → Settings → Display → Screen Settings? Mine vanished, dealer has no idea, and now I can't turn my infotainment off without seeing the damn clock...

Attachments

• IMG_1104.jpeg
    IMG_1104.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 538
  • IMG_1106.jpeg
    IMG_1106.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 537

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Can be recoded back to clock
Any tips on the coding necessary to restore the missing setting? Dealer is giving me the runaround claiming the update had nothing to do with it.. must just be a coincidence then that the setting vanished when they did the update 🙄 Someone over on the OBDeleven forums suggested that there might be a newer firmware than 0879 that might be available: 0867. Any idea if that's the newest for an NAR MIB2 Composition Media?

Lori87Mi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7
Hey everyone, I am following this interesting thread as I am interested in updating my standard MIB2 as I have installed a new 8" glass screen with "APP" , button but it is not working.
Here are the details of my current software:
3Q0035824A (MIB 2 STD Composition Media)
MST2_EU_VW_P0231D_MU0633

I have never patched the unit, it is original. I already own Android Auto and my goal is just to be able to activate the "APP" button.

The target firmware I thought is MST2_EU_VW_P0631D_MU0753 it's correct?

I would like to understand the procedure to follow to perform this upgrade, and in addition to know if all the OEM activations will remain (such as AndroidAuto and CarPlay for example)

Thanks everyone in advance

Last edited:

Lori87Mi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7
Hey everyone, I am following this interesting thread as I am interested in updating my standard MIB2 as I have installed a new 8" glass screen with "APP" , button but it is not working.
Here are the details of my current software:
3Q0035824A (MIB 2 STD Composition Media)
MST2_EU_VW_P0231D_MU0633

I have never patched the unit, it is original. I already own Android Auto and my goal is just to be able to activate the "APP" button.

The target firmware I thought is MST2_EU_VW_P0631D_MU0753 it's correct?

I would like to understand the procedure to follow to perform this upgrade, and in addition to know if all the OEM activations will remain (such as AndroidAuto and CarPlay for example)

Thanks everyone in advance
I try to reply myself.

If i understand correctly i have to do:
- enable green menù with vcds
- from green menù enable ethernet
- connect through Putty and save InstallationManager with command:

1. Mount SD card
    cd / && mount -uw /sdc1/
  2. Create backup folder on the SD card
    mkdir /sdc1/backup/
  3. Secure installation manager
    cp -Vf /ffs/sbin/InstallationManager /sdc1/backup/InstallationManager
- after find the correct Variant number from metainfo2.txt of MIB2STD in the zip of New firmware that i want to update, in my case MU0753 have Variant 17256
- Open InstallationManager file with HxD
- Find every-where 17248 (Variant of firmware MU0633) and replace with new variant 17256
- save the modified InstallationManager file
- copy back to the MIB with command:
cp -Vf /sdc1/backup/InstallationManager /ffs/sbin/InstallationManager
- format SD card and put in the root the new firmware MU0753
- start update procedure with manual SWDL in Green Menu (when update start choose "select all")

with this procedure i can make the "jump" of version but maintain all my OEM activation ecc...

It's correct?

thanks for help

Lori87Mi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7
I am having the problem where the DownloadManager does not recognize the version.
I only edited the InstallationManager file.
Someone had the same problem with Composition Media ?
Where do i find the file download manager? does it change as installationManager?

Attachments

• 20220301_194634.jpg
    20220301_194634.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 549

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
When you got yours done, did you lose the "display time in standby mode" setting under Menu → Settings → Display → Screen Settings? Mine vanished, dealer has no idea, and now I can't turn my infotainment off without seeing the damn clock...
Anyone else running 0879 and able to confirm whether that setting exists for you or not?

catatonicChimp

Car(s)
2016 Golf Mk7 R-Line
I am having the problem where the DownloadManager does not recognize the version.
I only edited the InstallationManager file.
Someone had the same problem with Composition Media ?
Where do i find the file download manager? does it change as installationManager?
Not sure if you got yours sorted, but I just updated my Delphi Unit from 0231D to 0631D
followed this guide: https://www.drive2.ru/l/575748544720274648/

Lori87Mi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7
Not sure if you got yours sorted, but I just updated my Delphi Unit from 0231D to 0631D
followed this guide: https://www.drive2.ru/l/575748544720274648/
hi, i have followed this guide too. But seems with NAV version of MIB my problem doesn't appear to nobody. I have the Plus version and there are some variant verification in addition to InstallationManager modification.....

it seems that looking on the internet no one has ever had this problem... :(

catatonicChimp

Car(s)
2016 Golf Mk7 R-Line
hi, i have followed this guide too. But seems with NAV version of MIB my problem doesn't appear to nobody. I have the Plus version and there are some variant verification in addition to InstallationManager modification.....

it seems that looking on the internet no one has ever had this problem... :(
When you modded installationManager did you just change the “plus” variant id or all of them, if you just changed the plus version then I would suggest trying to change all 3 id’s

Lori87Mi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7
i have mod
When you modded installationManager did you just change the “plus” variant id or all of them, if you just changed the plus version then I would suggest trying to change all 3 id’s
i have modified only the Plus variant ID. my iD is 17249 and the target is 17257.

i can try your suggestion. is based on experience or is only an idea? :D

because the error talk about DOWNLOAD MANAGER and the variant check is passed correctly before that error. I don't find in the system no file called Download Manager as for Installation Manager...
thank you for support