Delphi MST2 SD Activator by Congo & Duke
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
- Quality SD card, 4GB or more
SD card testing
How to confirm if SD card is OK before using it for firmware update in vehicle.
Fake SD cards can brick main unit. Make sure you are using quality product to avoid problems.
#Testing with H2testw
- Download H2testw from https://h2testw.en.lo4d.com/download/mirror-hs1-ssl.
- Unzip it.
- Insert SD card.
- Format the SD card with FAT, FAT32, or exFAT file system.
- Open h2testw.exe.
- Optionally change language to English.
- Press Select target and point to the SD card root directory.
- Make sure that all available space is selected.
- Press Write + Verify.
- Wait patiently. Test will first write data to the SD card, next it will read it back to verify if full capacity of the card is available and data is not corrupted. This can take some time, depending on the card capacity and read/write speeds.
- If the SD card is OK, you should see Test finished without errors message in the log window.
- SD card will be full. You need to format it (or delete its content) to use it.
- MST2 Delphi unit,
Info Warning Tip
Press and hold MENU button for 3 seconds, go to Software Update/Versions, find SW Train and confirm that it starts with MST2 and ends with D. For example: MST2_EU_VW_P0891D.
- Activator from here: https://mega.nz/folder/J0QknTKQ#Goqv8h29q5BrxqS7wIbQ1Q,
- Diagnostic tool for post-activation coding and adaptation chages (if required).
#Supported firmwaresAlmost all firmwares (Audi and VW, all regions) and series like below:
#Prepare SD card
- Format an SD card with FAT32 file system,
- Make sure to set the Allocation unit size to the smallest option available (example 4096B),
- Extract downloaded activator package,
- Copy content of the activator package to the SD card.
- Turn the ignition on,
- Empty SD card ports in the main unit,
- Place the SD card in the SD1 port,
- Press and hold MENU button for 3 seconds to enter the Service Mode,
- Select Software update/versions,
- Select Update → SD card → MST2 Activator by Congo and Duke → Start → Next,
- Wait. During the activation will reboot 2 times,
- When the process is done you will see summary screen. Press Back in the upper-right corner,
- When you see Version back documentation screen, press Cancel,
- Wait for the final reboot of the unit.
- Review changes.
#Post-activation coding and adaptation (if required)
#CarPlay, AndroidAuto5F → Adaptation → vehicle configuration → Apple DIO → enable
5F → Adaptation → vehicle configuration → Google GAL → enable
#B201A faultAfter installation you will have B201A fault code stored in module 0x5F. Check how to clear B201A code.
CLICK THE ABOVE LINK TO SEE VIDEO TUTORIAL
#How to Clear B201A Fault
- 5F → adaptation → channel: Confirmation of installation change → read
- Copy current key value.
- Paste key value into the I’m So XORy tool: http://mib-helper.com/im-so-xory/.
- Generate new key.
- 5F → adaptation → channel: Confirmation of installation change → paste new key → save
- 5F → faults → clear
Info Warning Tip
Saving new key can fail (OBDeleven) or old value can be visible (VCDS). That’s normal. Attempt of saving new key is enough for MIB to check if the key is valid and change fault status from permanent/static to sporadic.
Info Warning Tip
You can calculate new key manually by XORing old key with DEC 51666 / HEX C9D2.
Supported versions: Almost any 2xx 6xx 8xx 9xxx
If you create addFecs.txt in the common folder then fecs will be added as FSC files (if missing).
Supported FEC's with the Fec container patch - any defined in addFecs.txt
If you dont use the addFecs.txt then exection list will be used wich is good for all options except SportHMI.
Supported FEC's with the EL patch - 00030000,00040100,00050000,00060100,00060200,00060300,00060800,00060900,00060b00,00070200,00070400,09400003 (Still ok for Navi)
If your unit does not have FEC's at all but you want to be as close as possible like original then you can create two files in the common folder.
Filename VCRN and put VCRN as it is seen in 0x3C0A (15370). (there is VCRN.dummy just as example, you still need to rename it if you want to use it)
Filename VIN and put VIN in clear text in it. (there is VIN.dummy just as example, you still need to rename it if you want to use it)
You can see some examples in the common folder - VCRN.dummy and VIN.dummy files.
If the software of your unit is not supported then the activation process will create new files on the SD FW_VER_rev.tar.gz
Send that to me and i will add support, or update to supported version and reinstall the actication.
This activation also enables the option to automatically runs scripts from SD card.
To use that preare SD card with a file called delphi.sh on it. Remove any SD cards from the unit and insert the SD card with the script in slot 1 (SD1) or slot 2 (SD2) then restart the MMI.
On start up unit will wait for 10 seconds incase SD2 is used and execute the script.
As part of the installation the UART console input will also be enabled.
There are few files about how to use and version info and always use latest version
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!