GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to make use of my last month of bumper to bumper warranty?

AR11

Ready to race!
I'm coming up on the three year mark at which point my warranty will decrease to drivetrain only. No immediate issues are presenting themselves (other than the parkpilot error and occasional window switch fault, both of which still seem to lack a proper fix).

Is there a good way to get the dealer to look over the car and see if they can spot anything that should be fixed under warranty? Just figure I'd try to make use of my last shot for bumper to bumper warranty.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Slingshot a rock through your water pump

AR11

Ready to race!
Do you think it would really take a slingshot? I've seen oil pans fall to a small paper clip.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Is there a good way to get the dealer to look over the car and see if they can spot anything that should be fixed under warranty? Just figure I'd try to make use of my last shot for bumper to bumper warranty.
In most cases, warranty repairs are only performed based on customer concerns, as when you report a problem, which they then find and solve, or if they spot something wrong during the course of another related repair; if the item is on the inspection checklist, or if they spot a coolant leak while changing the engine oil or similar, it would be covered. But, if you book an appointment and ask them to look the car over and fix everything they think might break, they'll probably tell you they can't/won't do it.

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
Look at your 40k service and fraudulently find fault with everything on it, so they will do it all now for free...?

just kidding...dont be that guy
enjoy your car and stop obsessing...

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Not the way I look at warranties...it's not free service. If something was wrong or needed attention you'd know it.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
the wife of a friend of mine has a polo that is just coming up to 3 years old, when she booked it in for its three year service they explained it would include an end of warranty inspection! (At extra cost) This is the first time I’ve heard of this and think it may be specific to that particular dealership chain (Heritage VW), it appears they will look for anything that may be changeable under warranty before it expires, the dealership I use has never heard of such a service! So likely then that it’s a money making process for Heritage VW, if I were the OP I’d get under the car with the splash guard removed and check the thermostat housing for any signs of residue and if there is any take photos and tell them to fix it (even if it passes a pressure test).

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
I'm probably too late to deliver this message - but Is anything broken? - yes, then take it in. NO - then don't take it in. Otherwise, I would take the opportunity to finally jump that railroad crossing you always drive 3 mph over at speed. If anything breaks, just take it in.