GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to: Make a mk7 6MT Suck Less

FrgMstr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 R 19 GTI 15 GTI
I love my ProClip mount. Much better than anything else I have used.
Yeah, the ProClip parts are "over-priced," but that specific middle console mount kicks much ass. Rock friggin solid. My literal only complaint is that I wish it could mount a little bit higher on the console than it can, as the passenger can bump into it with their knee, especially if you have the seat moved up with a bigger passenger in back. Great engineering though and made in the USA. I own three, one for each of my Golfs.

Make sure and measure your phone so you get the right fit on the holder. I did go to a lot smaller phone recently, and my holder was too big for my new phone to be held snugly in it. I did a bit of redneck engineering and used the soft side of some Velcro and lined the inside rails of my mount with Velcro strips and it worked very well in still holding my phone securely. I actually sent an email to ProClip's support about my phone size when I originally purchased and they got back with me on what was best for me at that time. Very responsive too, less than 24 hours.

Lewie_7.5

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2021 GTI
Yeah, the ProClip parts are "over-priced," but that specific middle console mount kicks much ass. Rock friggin solid. My literal only complaint is that I wish it could mount a little bit higher on the console than it can, as the passenger can bump into it with their knee, especially if you have the seat moved up with a bigger passenger in back. Great engineering though and made in the USA. I own three, one for each of my Golfs.

Make sure and measure your phone so you get the right fit on the holder. I did go to a lot smaller phone recently, and my holder was too big for my new phone to be held snugly in it. I did a bit of redneck engineering and used the soft side of some Velcro and lined the inside rails of my mount with Velcro strips and it worked very well in still holding my phone securely. I actually sent an email to ProClip's support about my phone size when I originally purchased and they got back with me on what was best for me at that time. Very responsive too, less than 24 hours.
Good to know. Thanks for all the info!

j255c

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
I installed the diesel geek sigma 6 and still have a noticeable amount of side to side slop. What else can I do to fix it?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I installed the diesel geek sigma 6 and still have a noticeable amount of side to side slop. What else can I do to fix it?
super pin will also help with that, but even they you will still have some left to right play while in gears as that movement/slop is internal on the shifter forks at that point.

j255c

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
The new Sigma six only has adjustment on the back and forth throws. The new model uses the snap clip with a Delrin bushing insert. All I can do is try snapping the spring on again.

SnailPower

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
I'm not sure what you guys are looking for in comparison. The shift of a Porsche in a 25k car? Not sure but since I've installed my Boomba Shift adapter, I can't complain much. It reduced my biggest complaint which was the distance of front to back shifts (1-2, 3-4, 5-6). I don't care much about the side to side. I'm not a full time racer here... With what Boomba Shift Adapter accomplished for daily driving, I can say honestly fixed and makes my day to day drives completely fine and enjoyable as possible. I had such a big gripe with it stock (as I did the mk6). Long throws and coming from a SUPER short shift SRT4 to the mk6, it was like, holy crap batman, who designed this shifter? Then I realize, well, the GTI is cheap performance until you get into the serious upgrades. Thus, it is made for the average man who wants to pay more than the average base Golf price....

FrgMstr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 R 19 GTI 15 GTI
I went to a smaller phone also and did the exact same thing. Same thing on ProClip support.

Also found out they make one for my weekend fun car. I have these phone holders in four cars now.

z.jpg