GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to fix the turbo wastegate rattle on the Mk7 Golf 1.4lt TSI (140/150PS)

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hey Dave, I am having some rattle and it’s really annoying me. It seems there is no clip for the Mk7 and I don’t know if I have the skills to do what you have done here (getting the circlip off( I was going to lube with more anti seize. I did some the other day after spraying it with penetrant. It seems somewhat louder than I was at this point unfortunately.

I thought this was a heat shield or something else. Even suspected my o2 spacer retaining clip (makes noise when it jiggles). After all of this and securing my fuel lines as well just in case I’m left here with this problem.

I have the 1.8T

The turbos, wastegate actuators, circlips, & pivot pins are all different across the engines.....your 1.8t (EA888) will be different to the EA211 series (1lt to 1.5lt) engines..

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
The turbos, wastegate actuators, circlips, & pivot pins are all different across the engines.....your 1.8t (EA888) will be different to the EA211 series (1lt to 1.5lt) engines..
Ah okay. I may just be destined for irritation. Everyone tells me to turn my radio up but I’m a little obsessive so that never lasts :)