GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to fix/improve low soft Brake pedal with Residual Pressure Valves and seal lube

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Just recently did this mod when I installed my Macan BBK and it feels absolutely incredible! I love the linear feel of engagement and the response is almost instant as soon as I touch the brake pedal.
There is no spongy feel or dead spot with this mod. I had my doubts about this mod after my first bleed of the system, but I soon realized that I had done the bleeding procedure completely backwards lol.

Once I did the correct bleed procedure, the brakes feel awesome! Braking is much improved vs the stock brakes, especially when I'm doing a 60-130 run.

A couple of things to note for those thinking about doing this mod:
1. Use the thread sealant liberally on the NPT fittings. I didn't use enough the first time and there was a leak at one of the NPT fittings.
2. For any Audi folks, you will have to trim the fender liner a bit to install the RPV valves on the hardline.

20210612_132832.jpg
20210717_121335.jpg
20210717_175826.jpg

Last edited:

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Did you also do the VCDS modifications or purely hardware?
Yes, but I only disabled the hydraulic brake assist. I didn't do any of the other VCDS/OBD11 mods.

HelloNewman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7
OP do you have a link to the Q5 aftermarket pieces you were talking about? I was able to find everything besides that part.

LBmk7r

If you do lube the pistons in the caliper as recommended, will this require re-lubing down the line to maintain that performance?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If you do lube the pistons in the caliper as recommended, will this require re-lubing down the line to maintain that performance?

Mine are fine. The lube makes a difference, but the real issue people are noticing is poor bleeding.

Do an initial bleed LF, RF, LR, RR, go do some ABS stops, then to another good 30 psi bleed a few days later.

It's all in the bleeding.

Negreac

Car(s)
2017 Audi S3
Maybe in Europe you can find a 2 PSI RPV that has the flare fitting built in, that would be a really clean install. There are a lot of different ways to get this done and I encourage anyone to install them in whatever way works best for them. Good luck!

Would this RPV eliminate 2 of the 3 adapters?

https://www.mcgillmotorsport.com/brake-residual-pressure-valve-for-disc-brakes-2psi-c-70-p-364

Potentially all 3 if you had the custom brake line made to be a M10 male instead of female at the hard line side.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
Also found these 2:

EMPI version of the one above available on Amazon (‎17-2928-0). There is also a version that includes a 7.5' male to male brake line for plug and play (17-2935-0):

https://www.amazon.com/Empi-Residual-Pressure-Valve-Buggy/dp/B00FB7XN1K/

One that requires no adapters or different brake lines but is 4psi, not 2psi:

https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/6609.htm
The top link looks like female to female on both sides. You still need a male to femal conversion no?