GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to cover the big hole in the rear bumper of a Mk7 Golf Estate/Variant/S.W.

Boxerdog1

Just picked up a 9 month old GTD estate a couple of weeks ago - spotted this thread - had a look under my bumper and , yes I'm in the 10x4 inch orifice club. E Mailed the dealer who advised they are all like that and there is no part available to cover it so got this in writing to copy to VW Customer Services etc etc - Watch this space !

Cover received from Deutscheparts and fitted ... now begins the lengthy process of possible full / part cost recovery via VW UK who at dealership level are still on the 'does not exist they are all like that' hymn sheet.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
That's this thread cleaned up a bit..;)

Anyway all correct info now re-written into my first post...

simes

Hi everyone, this thread is about the bumper slot in the Mk7 estate, but I have just bought a Mk7.5 hatchback and annoyingly that has the great big 10"x4" slot under the bumper too. I want to cover the slot before winter salt and muddy roads get bad. Does anyone know if the part made for the Mk7 estate fits the Mk7.5 hatch too? (You would have thought VW would have learnt their lesson over this. Instead it seems that all Mk7.5 cars have the empty slot unless the retractable towbar is fitted, not just the estates.) Thanks in advance.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hi everyone, this thread is about the bumper slot in the Mk7 estate, but I have just bought a Mk7.5 hatchback and annoyingly that has the great big 10"x4" slot under the bumper too. I want to cover the slot before winter salt and muddy roads get bad. Does anyone know if the part made for the Mk7 estate fits the Mk7.5 hatch too? (You would have thought VW would have learnt their lesson over this. Instead it seems that all Mk7.5 cars have the empty slot unless the retractable towbar is fitted, not just the estates.) Thanks in advance.

WTF???...the MK7 Hatchbacks all came with a solid valance (no cut out)....they did two different valances...of each design style...

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/golf+variant+4motion/golf/2016-746/8/807-807050/#10
Item 10 different versions for with or without "towing facility".

Go back to the dealer & complain...& VW UK...they obviously don't know that VW HQ have changed the hatchback valance that much...

You can show them this thread...& quote me...:cool:

PS the flap should fit...but get the dealer to pay for it & get them to claim it back of VWUK..as not dealers fault..

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
I have a hatch as well and I have the hole as well, but I have not measured it yet.

I would like it closed but the price of that stupid piece of plastic is simply a theft. one day I will take off the bumper to add Park Assist sensors... I'll find a way to close the hole cheap. hear my words.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I have a hatch as well and I have the hole as well, but I have not measured it yet.

I would like it closed but the price of that stupid piece of plastic is simply a theft. one day I will take off the bumper to add Park Assist sensors... I'll find a way to close the hole cheap. hear my words.

This thread is about the estate..NOT the hatch......

The hatch used to come with a solid rear valance unless you ordered the tow bar from the factory.

So either it was ordered with the tow bar or VW are now just fitting the tow bar rear valance to all Hatch cars to save money on stocking numerous types of rear valance.

Anyway you can get a solid rear valance from VW...we who have the estate can not.

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/golf+variant+4motion/golf/2016-746/8/807-807050/

Item No.10
5G6 807 568
rear diffuser

5G6807568 9B9
satin black

5G6 807 568 A
rear diffuser
for models with towing facility

5G6807568A 9B9
satin black

5G6 807 568 B
rear diffuser
exhaust tail pipe
left
(single pipe)

5G6807568B 9B9
satin black

5G6 807 568 C
rear diffuser
exhaust tail pipe
left
(single pipe)

5G6807568C 9B9
satin black

5G6 807 568 D
rear diffuser
exhaust tail pipe
left
(double pipe)

5G6807568D 9B9
satin black

5G6 807 568 E
rear diffuser
exhaust tail pipe
left
(double pipe)

5G6807568E 9B9
satin black

5G6807568E 9B9
satin black

5G6 807 568 F
rear diffuser
for vehicles without trailers
exhaust tail pipe
left a. right

5G6807568F 9B9
satin black

5G6 807 568 G
rear diffuser
exhaust tail pipe
left a. right

5G6807568G 9B9
satin black

5G6 807 568 K
rear diffusor without cut-out for exhaust tail pipe

5G6807568K 041
black

5G6 807 568 L
rear diffuser
exhaust tail pipe
left
(single pipe)

5G6807568L 041
black

5G6 807 568 M
rear diffuser
exhaust tail pipe
left
(double pipe)

5G6807568M 041
black

5G6 807 568 N
rear diffuser
exhaust tail pipe
left a. right
(double pipe

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Bringing this thread back from because I have the opposite problem. I have a GSW 4motion which has a closed valence. I have a Euro hitch on order so I need a valence with a cutout. The 4Motion comes with a dual exit single tip exhaust so the standard wagon valences won't work. Sadly the factory valence has no markings or indentation for a cutout and it lacks the flat surface the cover plate would normally attach to. Is there a GSW 4Motion trailer hitch valence avaioabke? If not it looks like I could make a custom valence by splicing together a fwd trailer package and 4motion valence.

So tow cut out & exhaust cut out left & right? for a GSW:-

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/golf+variant+4motion/golf/2015-763/8/807-807050/

10)
5G9 807 568 G
rear diffuser
exhaust tail pipe
use if required:
left a. right
(single pipe)
N 909 747 01
N 909 591 01
PR-1A5,1A7+
2JE

10)
5G9 807 568 P
rear diffuser
exhaust tail pipe
use if required:
left a. right
(double pipe)
5G9 807 045
5G9 807 046
N 909 747 01
PR-2JF

could be either..but all Euro GSW have the cut out....there is NO "No cutout" version made...

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I have a Curt hitch (NAR-spec receiver) installed on my GSW. These hitches fit through the bumper opening without needing to trim the valence. However, since the opening is offset to the right, when the hitch is installed, it occupies the leftmost ~4" of the opening, leaving ~6" of opening unoccupied to the right of the hitch.

So I played around in my 3D modeling app, and sketched out a simple ~4x6" cover for the right half of the hole remaining after installing my hitch. Call it a half-cover. It's designed to snap into the opening with grooved flanges, and it's internally reinforced so it shouldn't bend or warp.

I don't need it, but I can print it for under $15, so what the heck, why not. And it might keep my trailer light connector cleaner/dryer, as I keep it tucked up inside that opening.

Last edited:

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Just for curiosity…does anybody created a blueprint for 3D printing something that could cover this hole?

Eetu

Car(s)
Golf MK4&MK7
I recently got an MK7.5 Estate with swivel trailer hitch. It also seems to have the large hole. I guess the swivel mechanism require a larger hole. But the cover is not available anywhere. Does anybody know how to obtain it?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I recently got an MK7.5 Estate with swivel trailer hitch. It also seems to have the large hole. I guess the swivel mechanism require a larger hole. But the cover is not available anywhere. Does anybody know how to obtain it?

Get hold of the the UK manufacturer RGM mouldings. They specially make it for VAG UK...it does not appear on the RGM website, but ask them..

https://rgmautomotive.co.uk/

Eetu

Car(s)
Golf MK4&MK7
I have asked them and they responded
I would like to kindly confirm that Volkswagen indeed sell this product. Please go direct to them to purchase.
In first message here it says that they won't sell it directly. I live in Finland. So I now have a problem. I doubt that I can obtain it any way unless somebody else is selling it online.

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

Eetu

Car(s)
Golf MK4&MK7
Thanks Dave, I need the larger one ZGB5G9071569 I already looked everywhere. I will let you know if I find it somehow. I also asked partsdepot and deutscheparts if they are able to obtain ZGB5G9071569

nestid

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R