GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to Confirm Whether VWR Springs Are Installed?

damonrlloyd

Passed Driver's Ed
I purchased my 2015 R used, and in the owner's packet there is a certificate of of installation for VWR springs. Looking at the installed springs, they look OEM; standard black powder coat. Aren't VWR springs typically powder coated blue? is there a way to tell if they are VWR? I have gotten a comment from a non VW owner that my car looks like it's sitting lower. I assumed thats just because the R sits lower than the GTI which sits lower than the Golf.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
OEM springs will be black & have paint dots on them, looking something like this:

The VWR springs should have their logo and/or a part number on them. Just take a peek and look

new R Fan 2018

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
I just had VWR springs installed last week. They are blue.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
They could’ve painted or powder coated them black.

In that case measure the fender to ground vs a stock R
The most accurate way to measure is from fender to wheel centre.?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
I purchased my 2015 R used, and in the owner's packet there is a certificate of of installation for VWR springs. Looking at the installed springs, they look OEM; standard black powder coat. Aren't VWR springs typically powder coated blue? is there a way to tell if they are VWR? I have gotten a comment from a non VW owner that my car looks like it's sitting lower. I assumed thats just because the R sits lower than the GTI which sits lower than the Golf.
The previous owner probably reverted the car to stock before trading/selling it.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Then as they can be either colour (BLACK=latest with new Logo, BLUE=previous with old logo) taking the wheel off and having a good look at the spring will reveal if they are VWR, in fact this should have really been the first step instead of OP posting here!

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Maybe he simply didn't like them and swapped back a while ago. Sure sound like you're stock.