GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to change battery in the key?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have a DIY on this?

I think it's in the book how to change the battery, interesting though, my MK5 was 8 1/2 years still on the original battery, the MK4 was 6 years old, still on the original fob battery too, both 70k miles.

le0n1

Ready to race!
Couldn't find anything in the instructionbook.

Yes a little disappointing, expected the battery to last a lot longer.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Couldn't find anything in the instructionbook.

Yes a little disappointing, expected the battery to last a lot longer.

Looking at the fob, it looks like the 'secret' maybe in the chrome keyring coming off, then the plastic part can be seperated exposing the battery.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Opening it is easy with a decent flat tool inserted into the folded key recess and twist.

The harder part is synchronising the key to the car afterwards. Instructions are on page 45 of the manual.

le0n1

Ready to race!
Thanks, I'd take a look at this tomorrow :)

Tinners777

My battery needs replacing on my Golf Gti Mk7 key fob after 6 months. My car is keyless entry if thats anything to do with it. Of all the VW Golfs and the few Scirocco's that I've had never needed new batteries

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
My battery needs replacing on my Golf Gti Mk7 key fob after 6 months. My car is keyless entry if thats anything to do with it. Of all the VW Golfs and the few Scirocco's that I've had never needed new batteries

Mine is still going strong, nearly 14 months and keyless.
At least they now use readily available batteries.

le0n1

Ready to race!
Waiting on a 10 pc batterys from Hongkong (eBay) and it's real easy to change so I can live with the short battery life. Both of my keys needs changing now after 19 months :)

Sent fra min D5803 via Tapatalk

prix

I replaced my key fob battery but the car still displays "replace key battery"... Did you had to do some reseting etc?

VWGTI

Ready to race!
No there should not be any resetting to do. I thought I had the same problem, but it turned out my regular passenger always had a spare-key for the car on him and THAT key was actually running out of battery instead of mine.