GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to best protect my Golf R's paint

synapse88

Car(s)
Golf R
Bought a 2016 Golf R today. Paint is in immaculate condition. I don't have a garage. Car will be parked under pecan trees which drop leaves and pecan fruit on my cars which historically have stained some of my cars.

What are my options in keeping my paint in immaculate condition, and what are the estimated costs of these options?

Options I've considered:

Paint sealant
Paint protective film
A carport

What are the tradeoffs with these options and what would you recommend for my situation? Any other options I should consider?

Thank you!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200817_200436.jpg
    IMG_20200817_200436.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20200817_200456.jpg
    IMG_20200817_200456.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20200817_200503.jpg
    IMG_20200817_200503.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 73

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Ceramic coated and a carport would be helpful.

Welcome to the forum.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
I have destroyed the front of my car in 40k of highway driving. After the front end was repainted, I went the paint protection film route and the front end still looks shinny and new with 100k on my car. I went the Expel PPF on the whole front end. They can do a whole car but it cost me 1500 just for the front end.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Carport. PPF is not going to prevent roof damage from pecans or hail.
The roof of these cars is thin AF. I have a whole bunch of dents from acorns and hail.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
When I didn't have a garage, I'd wash the car almost weekly to get rid of contaminants. Now, I admittedly have not washed in a few months because it sits in the garage.

Don't cheap out on items such as towels. Cheap towels will scratch the paint, and make sure you properly take care of your washing equipment as well.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Spend $5K on complete car paint protective film.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Remove all paint that way it won't get damaged