GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to add a huge Wing on a Gti?

Alextzu

Hi guys, iv been looking to see if I can find a guide but I cant seem to find one anywhere, not even YouTube or Google. If anyone has a guide or knows of a video please share it with me.

I would like to add a huge style wing on an mk7 Gti, how do I do it, I just wanna see a video with the process of it so I know what to expect. I do see it has to do with the wing being mounted on back window or something... I just don't get how it's done.
I have added a photo of what I'm talking about, and I can't even find any videos on Any hatchbacks with this type of wing and how it's done.

Thanks in return.

Attachments

• volkswagen-golf-gti-mk5-becomes-extreme-virtual-ride-29093_1.jpg
    volkswagen-golf-gti-mk5-becomes-extreme-virtual-ride-29093_1.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 2,632

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
^doesn't take away front grip off the line, increases rear grip at speed. What's the problem with rear downforce on fwd again?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Check this thread: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15928&page=13

Probably the closest you'll come.
There is no direct bolt on kit for a large wing like that, so you'll need to reach out to someone to fab up the mounts.

Pictures in that thread is an APR GT250 universal wing, which should be proper width for our cars.

Also, you'll want to add a bit of downforce at the front of the car, otherwise something bad might happy at higher speeds with that rear wing only....

Alextzu

Thank you all for the answers.
Also for those wondering why i would do such thing: I love cosmetic looks on cars, i like to make my car stand out from the crowd and on streets, i dont care much of tunes to engine because anyways i cant use all that power on the streets. I personally love the way a big wing looks on any car, i like to make a road car look like its coming out of motorsport or some sh*t when people see it on the streets i also attend car shows not car races. i also like widebody cars..i dont like any hatchbacks normal body they all look the same except the front bumper and grill lol..rest you cant tell a big differance between a VW hatch and a Seat Leon hatch or a Ford Focus.

I live in Europe Romania and here you dont find many cars above 200hp anyways because of some laws, and most cars here have no more than 140hp ..most comon car here have 110hp :) and theres almost no american cars here you see 1 mustang maybe once in 2 months. and never see a dodge.

You are not even allowed to have installed a sports muffler ! just the muffler! if its not stock on some cars you get a ticket, that is why i will be buying a vortex exhaust so i can have more sporty sound just by the push of a button that opens the valve and closed when on road.

Thanks all anyways