GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How much would you list your GTI for?

sippinfantasy

Car(s)
2016 GTI
I'm gonna be selling my 2016 SE 6MT this month and was curious what everyone's opinions were on the value of it. I would say I'm in a unique situation with having just shy of 180k miles on the odometer.

I just recently also had a check engine light come on this week for the intake manifold. It KBB's for roughly 8k and I was thinking of listing for 7 and trying to get about 6 or so out of it. But, also wanted to get some opinions. I am a spell it out kind of guy when selling things so I'm curious what others thoughts are of selling it around that price.

FixIt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I'd check a couple of those 'what's my car worth' sites, including KBB and see what the average offer price is. Last time I did this, I had multiple dealerships call me, picked one, went in, made sure I had a printout of the average offers on hand and negotiated a bit to get a reasonable deal.

That was during covid when used cars were at its peak. If possible, I'd fix that CEL or otherwise they use it to low-ball you.
Best of luck selling your car!

vjmvjm

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S DSG PP
Include CarMax in your online estimates. I just sold my truck, and they were significantly higher than two other sites (AutoNation and a dealer using KBB). YMMV. OAC.

BigLips19

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE 6MT
I've heard CarMax almost always gives the best trade in, but I wouldn't recommend buying a car from them..... Long story but we sold them my wife's Crosstrek and picked up an Alltrack for her and their service department had absolutely no idea how to work on a VW.