Damn. Forgot the tints and clear braCurrents mods:
1. PPF / Ceramic / Tint - $3400, not entirely sure the exact breakdown.
2. APR Plus - $1100
3. APR Pendulum Arm - $250
4. APR Steel Insert - $50
5. 034 Upper aluminum Insert - $40
6. RSE-10's w/ AS4's - $2000
7. Rokblokz mudflaps - $80
8. Helix Soundbox - $150 installed, carried over from my previous GTI
9. ECS Bleeder block - $100
10. Superpro Endlinks + Rear Sway bar - $350
Mods in boxes, not on car:
11. OEM VW cross-bars for Alltrack - $200
12. Bilstein B6 F+R - $600
13. Golf R springs, still need to source the rear estate springs - $100
14. FCP Euro suspension refresh kit (strut mounts, bearings, bump stops, spring pads, dust boots, and installation hardware) - $175
15. Moog endlinks - $80
16. Audi TT rear spring pads - $dont remember
17. EMD Rear spring spacers - $100? dont remember lol
Planned mods in the future:
18. Golf R DP, maybe full turboback ($3-400 max)
19. APR Intercooler ~$1K
20. APR Open Intake - $450
21. IS20 ~ $3-400
22. Cobb AP + EQT IS20 stock downpipe custom 93 octane tune - I imagine that’ll run me close to $1500, perhaps less
23. Front + Rear Wavetrack... front = $1000, rear = $5000
24. R Brakes - $500 or so.
^ all that equates to approximately 19K... and nothing includes labor lol. 25K car, 19K+ labor, call it 6 for an easy 50K. But when I’m done I’ll have the most badass Alltrack there is, and it’ll last me 10+ years of reliable motoring.
^^^This......I do wish I would have skipped the incremental steps and then wanting more power and just gone to where I am in 1 step. That would have saved a ton of money.
I agree - that's the beauty with cars like these, we get the opportunity to make them just right for us, whatever that may be. Gives you another passion in life, and something else to take care of. We also learn a few things here and there in the process.I don't think you're an idiot. You deserve to have your car the way you want it.
Agreed. For every mod you do, there seems to be something else you have to do.Actually the tune has been running great, I just don't like the power. I've driven cars with more power than this but they were built around that power, whereas the GTI with a stage 2 tune brings out all the shortfalls of the car that need to be upgraded; engine mounts, intercooler, trans tune, etc etc. It was great stock and that's where I'm gonna leave it.
Ps: I know pretty much everyone thinks I'm an idiot for feeling this way, but that's just how it is.