GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How much driving is a lot?

H

Huntermike

I drive 35k miles or more a year and I have no idea why someone would want to do 200k.

My back aches enough as it is.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I used to drive 25k miles a year and I thought that was a lot...

Funny thing is I used to think that I would never want to spend a lot of money on a car that I burnt through in 6 years, but now I feel the opposite; if I'm going to spend that much time in the car, I'm willing to spend more to be comfortable. Funny how things change when you age.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
She was averaging 548 miles a day to hit that number. Whatever that job is paying her, it isn't nearly enough.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I used to drive about 60,000 a year. Drove a mk2 Jetta diesel most of that time during the school & work week then my Dodge W250 Cummins on the weekends traveling to race motocross.

Now I drive roughly 25,000 per year. Like others have said living without the modern amenities would be rough now that I’m used to them. I didn’t even have cup holders in those days haha

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Gotta drive that 550 miles 7 days a week too, if you take out the weekends it's ~750 miles a day.

It's more about the time you spend there than how far you're going. Even an hour a day is a lot if you stop to consider the amount of free time you actually have during the work week.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Million miles in 5 years.
200000 per year
Assuming works 6 days a week. That's 313 days.
638 miles a day.
Assuming average speed as a delivery driver, granted not sure if city, highway or what mix. Just assume 40 mph average. With breaks, gas stops etc. Very optimistic btw. She would have to drive 16 hours a day.

Are we sure it's not a fleet car?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
I still don’t know how I manage it! Bought my GTi on 12th September and have just passed 5000 miles since then [emoji35], I put around 38000 miles on my old mk6 in 2 years! The thing is I don’t use my car to commute, I have a van I use for work, it’s purely pleasure miles, it annoys me now if I’m honest but I love driving them!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danvphotos

Passed Driver's Ed
Million miles in 5 years.
200000 per year
Assuming works 6 days a week. That's 313 days.
638 miles a day.
Assuming average speed as a delivery driver, granted not sure if city, highway or what mix. Just assume 40 mph average. With breaks, gas stops etc. Very optimistic btw. She would have to drive 16 hours a day.

Are we sure it's not a fleet car?

According to the second video, she delivers parts 7 days/week. She's also in Kansas, so I'd imagine average speed is significantly higher than 40 MPH.

Either way, it's borderline unbelievable.