GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How many people here run a stage 3 clutch rated over 450+ tq?

Over 450tq rated clutch?

• Total voters

rye0pa

Go Kart Newbie
Well, not to scare you but I broke my DKM Stage 3 clutch on a hard launch. The DKM can handle spirited driving and canyon runs no problem. Probably even auto-x events, pushing it hard but definitely not for drag racing. My SPEC clutch grabs instantly because it was designed for popping the clutch on hard launches and the break-in period and clutch pedal was way easier than the DKM break-in. The DKM eased up after the first 500 miles but nothing like my SPEC clutch.
Which SPEC is it?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
South Bend Stage 3 Daily here, supposed to be good for 500 ft-lbs. Initially it was super stiff, but it's calmed down and honestly doesn't feel awful at all. Going from the GTI to my mk4 Jetta with ECS Stage 1, the Jetta clutch feels like nothing, and my Mazda3 (OEM clutch) is also pretty light in comparison. The GTI is still very comfortable for day-to-day driving, and it's nice to know I have plenty of room to go bigger in power if I feel the desire.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
3301CD4D-D0E9-4F88-B4C4-E3BC5706C93D.jpeg
B20EB923-6AEF-48D0-B003-1A5500C70CC1.jpeg

I pulled the trigger on the SPEC mini-twin d-trim clutch after many hours of exhaustive research. I wanted to thank @JerseyDrew77 and @El_bigote_AJ for answering a ton of questions I had. They both had really good things to say about the clutches I was considering. The other clutch I was considering was the Ringer Racing Stg 5 non-ratcheting clutch.

I was in contact with David at SPEC and Mike at Ringer Racing throughout the decision making process and they both were super responsive and answered a ton of my questions. Honestly I don’t think you can go wrong with choosing a product from either of these companies.

Sorry not sorry haha
Let’s do some work!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
View attachment 252804View attachment 252805
I pulled the trigger on the SPEC mini-twin d-trim clutch after many hours of exhaustive research. I wanted to thank @JerseyDrew77 and @El_bigote_AJ for answering a ton of questions I had. They both had really good things to say about the clutches I was considering. The other clutch I was considering was the Ringer Racing Stg 5 non-ratcheting clutch.

I was in contact with David at SPEC and Mike at Ringer Racing throughout the decision making process and they both were super responsive and answered a ton of my questions. Honestly I don’t think you can go wrong with choosing a product from either of these companies.

Let’s do some work!
Not a problem, glad I was able to help. It's definitely a pretty clutch but you'll love how it performs and the price for it is on point as well.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
SB Stage 3. Stage 2 with track duty no issues. This is my daily as well. Clutch is heavier than stock but not bad at all.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Dropping the car off tonight to get my SPEC mini-twin and Fluidampr installed. I was going to do it myself, but decided this install wasn't something I really wanted to attempt and get wrong.

Curiosity got the best of me last night so I finally opened the clutch up as I wanted to see watch the clutch discs looked like. This thing should definitely hold some power. And the flywheel/clutch weighed in at 28.0lbs on the bathroom scale.

1659010980697.png

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Dropping the car off tonight to get my SPEC mini-twin and Fluidampr installed. I was going to do it myself, but decided this install wasn't something I really wanted to attempt and get wrong.

Curiosity got the best of me last night so I finally opened the clutch up as I wanted to see watch the clutch discs looked like. This thing should definitely hold some power. And the flywheel/clutch weighed in at 28.0lbs on the bathroom scale.

View attachment 256626
How much body fat?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

View attachment 256626
The discs are carbon graphite semi-metallic.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Here's what 75k miles looks like on the HS Tuning RSR Hybrid. But yeah, she definitely wasn't up to the task anymore. It looks like HS Tuning changed up the friction disk design since I bought mine.

I'll take better pictures once I get the car back. This is what my mechanic sent me 🤷‍♂️

IMG_3665.JPG
IMG_3667.JPG

IMG_3669.JPG
IMG_3668.JPG