GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How many people here run a stage 3 clutch rated over 450+ tq?

Over 450tq rated clutch?

• Total voters

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
Dual.

No I have not, I have not launched this clutch… did that with my FX500 with a dual mass and broke DMF, then when I switched to dkm stage 3 (hated that clutch, had issues and it never felt right, then the dkm tob popped after like 5k) now after 25ish k on this once I’ve not had the nerve to hard launch it since I had so much bad luck with clutch work.

If you’re interested in seeing how it launch’s I’m gonna have to rescind my invitation to test drive the car 😂😂😂
That's wild your DMF broke. Definitely some dumb luck you've had. Albeit- I've definitely have had issues with my SB Slave cylinder leaking and needing to replace that. I just installed DKM, no issues so far, still breaking it in so we'll see how well it is.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Just trying to see what everyone is running. I run DKM stage 3 and I'm barely breaking it in now. I was shocked at how heavy it was compared to the SB stage 3. My foot actually got sore. I don't know how you guys do it. Especially your 800 tq rated clutch. 😂
Well, not to scare you but I broke my DKM Stage 3 clutch on a hard launch. The DKM can handle spirited driving and canyon runs no problem. Probably even auto-x events, pushing it hard but definitely not for drag racing. My SPEC clutch grabs instantly because it was designed for popping the clutch on hard launches and the break-in period and clutch pedal was way easier than the DKM break-in. The DKM eased up after the first 500 miles but nothing like my SPEC clutch.

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
Dual.

No I have not, I have not launched this clutch… did that with my FX500 with a dual mass and broke DMF, then when I switched to dkm stage 3 (hated that clutch, had issues and it never felt right, then the dkm tob popped after like 5k) now after 25ish k on this once I’ve not had the nerve to hard launch it since I had so much bad luck with clutch work.

If you’re interested in seeing how it launch’s I’m gonna have to rescind my invitation to test drive the car 😂😂😂

I’m gonna have to test drive your car one day because funny enough before I joined the forums, I did some research on the best clutch setups and you by far have the best one to my understanding, so your clutch setup is what I am going for :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
Well, not to scare you but I broke my DKM Stage 3 clutch on a hard launch. The DKM can handle spirited driving and canyon runs no problem. Probably even auto-x events, pushing it hard but definitely not for drag racing. My SPEC clutch grabs instantly because it was designed for popping the clutch on hard launches and the break-in period and clutch pedal was way easier than the DKM break-in. The DKM eased up after the first 500 miles but nothing like my SPEC clutch.
Never really been a dig type of guy, more of a roll person. But, I will some times do digs and try to avoid prepped surfaces.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I’m running an HS tuning RSR hybrid clutch and stock DMF on my setup. Not pushing 450 wtq but seems to be holding up well at 420-430 ft-lb.
Well I spoke too soon...I guess @railroader's tune is a little too spicy for my worn out clutch.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
[knocks on wood] I have been running a DKM stage 3 twin disk for about 20k miles. Decent clutch that takes everything I throw at it but still heavy even a couple of years later. Not recommended for a daily driver.
Just don't skip leg day and it's fine for a daily.

railroader

Autocross Newbie

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
You got 70k+ out of it lol
Yep. But to be fair it only had to put up with a subpar hybrid and a conservative tuner for most of the 75k miles I put on it.

Now that I have a better turbo and superior tuner, I’m finding the weak components in my setup.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Yep. But to be fair it only had to put up with a subpar hybrid and a conservative tuner for most of the 75k miles I put on it.

Now that I have a better turbo and superior tuner, I’m finding the weak components in my setup.
Sorry not sorry haha