GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How many people here run a stage 3 clutch rated over 450+ tq?

Over 450tq rated clutch?

• Total voters

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
I wanted to see how many people are running a clutch rated over 450tq and above, thanks.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I’m running an HS tuning RSR hybrid clutch and stock DMF on my setup. Not pushing 450 wtq but seems to be holding up well at 420-430 ft-lb.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I’m on the Sachs SRE (rated at 400) and so far so good?

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
Stage 5 ringer … you’re welcome to test drive it on my car if you’re in the market. Spoiler - Hindsight should have just went ringer stage 4 😂😂 this PP on the stage 5, even after 25k miles it’s still super stiff and instant grabby
Single mass flywheel or dual? Also i heard ringers clutch are super grabby. Have you taken it to the drag strip?

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
[knocks on wood] I have been running a DKM stage 3 twin disk for about 20k miles. Decent clutch that takes everything I throw at it but still heavy even a couple of years later. Not recommended for a daily driver.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Single mass flywheel or dual? Also i heard ringers clutch are super grabby. Have you taken it to the drag strip?
Dual.

No I have not, I have not launched this clutch… did that with my FX500 with a dual mass and broke DMF, then when I switched to dkm stage 3 (hated that clutch, had issues and it never felt right, then the dkm tob popped after like 5k) now after 25ish k on this once I’ve not had the nerve to hard launch it since I had so much bad luck with clutch work.

If you’re interested in seeing how it launch’s I’m gonna have to rescind my invitation to test drive the car 😂😂😂

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
My ACT clutch is rated at 500 ft/lbs and it just feels like the stock clutch in terms of effort.

I'm just under 500 miles into it but it's buttery smooth. You do get SMF chatter but that's not an issue when you're driving, just when you're idling.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
My ACT clutch is rated at 500 ft/lbs and it just feels like the stock clutch in terms of effort.

I'm just under 500 miles into it but it's buttery smooth. You do get SMF chatter but that's not an issue when you're driving, just when you're idling.
And that too is cool, cause RACEKAR

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
SPEC drag racing clutch (800 torque rating) with lightweight single mass flywheel here. What are you trying to find out with this post?
Just trying to see what everyone is running. I run DKM stage 3 and I'm barely breaking it in now. I was shocked at how heavy it was compared to the SB stage 3. My foot actually got sore. I don't know how you guys do it. Especially your 800 tq rated clutch. 😂