uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The magnet doesn’t fuck up the AP over time?
the AP is meant to have a magnet connection , it’s actually got it’s own weaker one inside the case already
80215F8D-05FE-4C33-BF05-CF944F12A49D.jpeg

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
I pulled the plastic piece off on the left of the steering wheel and put a magnet behind it then stuck a magnet on the back of the AP with double sided tape. I leave it there all the time.
20211022_224130.jpg

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Here’s my latest mounting solution I’m running… wanted to get the cord and unit more indiscreet. It’s not as easily visible but still visible from driver view (at least mine -lol)

View attachment 228433

On the hunt for a new Accessport mount after I decided to send my windshield suction MagicMount right down a storm drain yesterday trying to remove my sun screen. 🤦‍♂️
Anyway, @El_bigote_AJ... i like your set up and wondering if has continued to work out for you? After yesterdays debacle I want a mount that gets it off the windshield. It's not the first time I've knocked the MagicMount off the windshield taking on and off the sunscreen, and your solution is cheap and I prefer a mount on the left side of the wheel. Tough to see how you have the wire routed? you just tucking the wire under the dash when not in use?