GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How is your COBB mounted?

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
In my glovebox unlesss I need to charge tune :p.
that mount looks nice though. I’ve seen a lot of people use magnetic mounts as well around that location, or suction on windshield corner.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
In my glovebox unlesss I need to charge tune :p.
that mount looks nice though. I’ve seen a lot of people use magnetic mounts as well around that location, or suction on windshield corner.
But then you run the cable through the side of the dash and have to look at it every time you open the door, right?

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
i was just making a bad joke that I don’t even look at it, it’s never plugged in.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Magnetic phone mount

Aren't you gonna want to be using that defrost vent? Living in Canada and all...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I pulled the small panel just above the steering column on the left hand side, stuck a small magnet or 2 to the inside of the panel, and reinstalled the panel. My magnet's not as strong as I'd like it to be, but it works to hold the AP when I need to use it. Most of the time it's in the glove box or my tool chest.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Magnetic phone mount

Aren't you gonna want to be using that defrost vent? Living in Canada and all...
I dont have one of these so take the following with a grain of salt but it looks like it has slits cut out so the defrost function would still work.

Curious to see if anyone has tried this out.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I dont have one of these so take the following with a grain of salt but it looks like it has slits cut out so the defrost function would still work.

Curious to see if anyone has tried this out.
I’m using the dual gauge pods from CJM and while I don’t use the defrost ever it does indeed still function based on the slits you mentioned

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Magnetic mount.

tempImageJr4Ago.png