GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How Hoon solved the 2022 fuel crisis.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Different tuners do it differently, but in general as long as you're in the 5-6bar range you're fine, and your port injectors will last longer kept closer to 72psi anyway.
That's comforting and lends toward trying the hellcat pump. Even if the car isn't faster currently its so damn smooth. Ever since I first flashed the hybrid tune I hated the way the car drove. Now it feels stock like, smooth shifts and power delivery. I really wish I had gone EQT from the get go.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
72psi is perfectly fine to drive to hoon around and Georgia.

I'm going to stay out of this thread for a variety of reasons, but just wanted to make one comment.

Keep in mind, with the way Cobb reads fuel pressure, 72psi is actually 57psi...on 25psi boost that gives him 32psi across the injectors. That's fine for now, but considering that's low boost and pump gas, he's way below the fuel supply he needs to make any power. We're not even in the ballpark of where we need to be to put E85 in it and turn it up.

Usually if fuel supply is this poor, there are issues with the basket/filter/sock etc and not just the pump itself, which is why i'm recommending he just take the plunge to the brushless kit (which replaces everything) and move on so we can get his car dialed in much more efficiently. The brushless setups are night/day better.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Guess I forgot to update. Said screw it and ordered the brushless setup recommended by Hoon. When we went to swap it in we discovered a wire on the canbus side of the pm4 had come out of the connector. I reached out to Hoon and he said connect it and see if it made a difference with my fueling issues. It didn’t so we uninstalled the pm4 and the 450 and swapped the brushless pump in. Other than spilling a little fuel, the gas light was on but there was still a considerable amount in the tank IMO, it was probably the easiest install I’ve had on this car. So far on what is likely my final 93 revision and it’s finally starting to get where I envisioned 2 years and a ton of money ago.