GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Seeing times between max effort Is20s on custom tunes Vs ots plain Jane 38s I don’t think the performance jump between the 2 will astound you... now going hybrid with associated fueling, I can say that’s a sureal jump in power-lol

Honestly you should email Sneeky - hes quick to respond and can help steer you...maybe going with a hpfp and full e85 on the Is20 will yield you the results you want...he’s very familiar with both setups so he can give you direct results.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Seeing times between max effort Is20s on custom tunes Vs ots plain Jane 38s I don’t think the performance jump between the 2 will astound you... now going hybrid with associated fueling, I can say that’s a sureal jump in power-lol

Honestly you should email Sneeky - hes quick to respond and can help steer you...maybe going with a hpfp and full e85 on the Is20 will yield you the results you want...he’s very familiar with both setups so he can give you direct results.

Too big a hassle for full E85. I don't want to drive to the ethanol pump any more than the once every 7 weeks I do now.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Cake/eat/free, haha! Ah I forgot

You still pretty much remote working? Of your office is still near mine - there is a station that’s essentially on the way at trop and Vally view of you take 95, I use that one when I can since it’s always at 70-80% vs Murphy’s at 60-65%. Just gotta take extra caution to Avoid eye contact with the people hanging out from the budget suites.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Cake/eat/free, haha! Ah I forgot

You still pretty much remote working? Of your office is still near mine - there is a station that’s essentially on the way at trop and Vally view of you take 95, I use that one when I can since it’s always at 70-80% vs Murphy’s at 60-65%. Just gotta take extra caution to Avoid eye contact with the people hanging out from the budget suites.

I can work remote, but I don't. My office is big ass titties, so I come in. It's in the Decatur and 215 vicinity. My commute is a brisk 21 minutes via summerlin parkway and 215.

There's a shell around 1000 yards from my house, so I just always go there then back to the garage to add corn jizzins.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

Not sure why you're talking about sneeky in a discussion about EQT tunes. FWIW, we also offer all manners of custom tuning and can get anyone set up with whatever setup and fuel meets their goals.

Thanks
-- Ed

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Not sure why you're talking about sneeky in a discussion about EQT tunes. FWIW, we also offer all manners of custom tuning and can get anyone set up with whatever setup and fuel meets their goals.

Thanks
-- Ed
Sorry, for the temp derail.

And the “why” I brought it up... easy enough to scroll back and see that and who it was directed to.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
How much does the November Boost Weather Sale save over the current prices? I don't think I can resist the stage 1 tune much longer despite originally planning on keeping my full warranty intact as long as possible.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
How much does the November Boost Weather Sale save over the current prices? I don't think I can resist the stage 1 tune much longer despite originally planning on keeping my full warranty intact as long as possible.
Assuming you need to buy an AP and ECU and DSG tune, about $150 bucks. The tune files are free with the purchase of the AP during the boost sale. There was also a short sale in the spring and around the 4th of July in 2020 but no guarantee that happens in 2021.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It doesn't save that much to justify waiting until November if you can't resist.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Assuming you need to buy an AP and ECU and DSG tune, about $150 bucks. The tune files are free with the purchase of the AP during the boost sale. There was also a short sale in the spring and around the 4th of July in 2020 but no guarantee that happens in 2021.
You're not going to buy an AP, ECU and DSG tune for $150. Did you mean $1150?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
You're not going to buy an AP, ECU and DSG tune for $150. Did you mean $1150?
OP asked how much one would save… I answered about $150 but all depends on what he needs. Bottom line is during the sales the EQT OTS files tend to be included at no cost when purchased with an AP.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Do it.

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Agreed. Life is short. If you have the means to "pay to play", then by all means go for it!

Not that anyone asked, but I kept my last ride bone stock for 15 years. My new ride? I went EQT stage 1 a tick past the break-in period. I absolutely love this tune!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I love my EQT stg 1 tune.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid

Yeah I'm thinking it would be a fun way to use the next stimulus check if we get one.
Agreed. Life is short. If you have the means to "pay to play", then by all means go for it!

Not that anyone asked, but I kept my last ride bone stock for 15 years. My new ride? I went EQT stage 1 a tick past the break-in period. I absolutely love this tune!

Yeah I'm 99% sure I'm going to once the weather gets a bit nicer here. I will most likely buy an MK8 in 2-3 years anyway so not much point in trying to save the car for longevity lol.