GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
We have released an update for all of our Golf R/S3 tunes. This is similar to the GTI/A3 update we released a couple weeks ago. This revision is called V2.51.

Here is the changelog:

- Revised fueling strategy to improve spool and response during aggressive driving.

- Revised valve lift switchover points for smoother powerband at partial and full throttle. Especially noticeable on manual transmission cars.

- Reduced coolant temperature targets. This results in cooler coolant and oil temperatures which makes for more consistent power levels and reduces knock.

- Included fixes for issues specifically affecting the 2018 Golf R. This includes inconsistent launch control activation for DSG cars, and some shifting/drivability issues for MT cars.

- Added upgraded HPFP variant of all maps. This is meant to work with the Autotech Upgraded High Pressure Fuel Pump internals.

All new orders will include the latest revision. And as always, if you are a previous customer, you can order an update on your website.

Thanks
-- Ed
Can't wait to get my AP and order a stg1 91 tune for my 18R. I'm hoping it's a bit more fun than a jb4 on map 4 with 94 octane.

Speaking of which, the AP I'm getting has the eqt TCU tune for the 7 spd dsg in it with a bunch of other tunes from 5150... Is it still good for me to flash into my car (after pairing the AP to my application)? Or do I have to reorder it?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Can't wait to get my AP and order a stg1 91 tune for my 18R. I'm hoping it's a bit more fun than a jb4 on map 4 with 94 octane.

Speaking of which, the AP I'm getting has the eqt TCU tune for the 7 spd dsg in it with a bunch of other tunes from 5150... Is it still good for me to flash into my car (after pairing the AP to my application)? Or do I have to reorder it?
You can just install it. The TCU tune will be fine but I would be careful with the ECU tunes.

AmalgamGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Is there another form of communication that you guys could use to get news and announcements out to customers in a timely way? An email newsletter or prioritizing another social media platform (like Instagram) for news and announcements? I keep an eye out for Ed Susman posts on the fb group, but the amount of junk on my feed coming from that group is unbelievable.

Last edited:

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
You can just install it. The TCU tune will be fine but I would be careful with the ECU tunes.
Sweet. That's the plan. I'll just order the stg1 ecu tune from eqt and leave the rest of them alone.

Pickleahoy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Is there another form of communication that you guys could use to get news and announcements out to customers in a timely way? An email newsletter or prioritizing another social media platform (like Instagram) for news and announcements? I keep an eye out for Ed Susman posts on the fb group, but the amount of junk on my feed coming from that group is unbelievable.
Isnt replacing Facebook for Instagram putting lipstick on a pig? Thats a weird request. Maybe Twitter? Regardless, this forum does a good job at bringing out the announcements so Im not gonna press it

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
We have released an update for all of our Golf R/S3 tunes. This is similar to the GTI/A3 update we released a couple weeks ago. This revision is called V2.51.

Here is the changelog:

- Revised fueling strategy to improve spool and response during aggressive driving.

- Revised valve lift switchover points for smoother powerband at partial and full throttle. Especially noticeable on manual transmission cars.

- Reduced coolant temperature targets. This results in cooler coolant and oil temperatures which makes for more consistent power levels and reduces knock.

- Included fixes for issues specifically affecting the 2018 Golf R. This includes inconsistent launch control activation for DSG cars, and some shifting/drivability issues for MT cars.

- Added upgraded HPFP variant of all maps. This is meant to work with the Autotech Upgraded High Pressure Fuel Pump internals.

All new orders will include the latest revision. And as always, if you are a previous customer, you can order an update on your website.

Thanks
-- Ed

When's the E30 OTS tune for IS38 GTI coming? Will it ever? Gimme gimme gimme! 😁

I'm determined to build a +400hp gti for under $1300. Because I'm a cheap bastid.

AmalgamGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Isnt replacing Facebook for Instagram putting lipstick on a pig? Thats a weird request. Maybe Twitter? Regardless, this forum does a good job at bringing out the announcements so Im not gonna press it
Haha. I suppose you could look at it that way. But with Instagram, comments on posts wouldn’t flood my feed. Twitter wouldn’t be a terrible choice either.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

I'm determined to build a +400hp gti for under $1300. Because I'm a cheap bastid.
Haha, hasn’t ED personally posted that it won’t be a OTS map for something like that?

Also unless you drive out to his shop to get on his dyno - you ain’t hitting 400 with e30 on a is38 😅

Now in regards to your budget...
I know of a tuner that does ots maps for is38s and various fuels.
3423956E-A3C0-4D69-9143-609ACDC88CF5.png

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I'm not holding my breath... That's custom tuning bread and butter.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Haha, hasn’t ED personally posted that it won’t be a OTS map for something like that?

Also unless you drive out to his shop to get on his dyno - you ain’t hitting 400 with e30 on a is38 😅

View attachment 204033
This is where I'm confused, if you select IS38 wouldn't that mean that it is meant for R/S3? I would have loved to throw $150-175 at an OTS IS38 tune instead of paying more than double for a protune for only 91 oct.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

View attachment 204033
He can get a remote dyno tune. When I had my IS38 it put out 363 HP so with E it should be about 400 HP.
I wouldn't do it without a custom tune though.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
He can get a remote dyno tune. When I had my IS38 it put out 363 HP so with E it should be about 400 HP.
I wouldn't do it without a custom tune though.
I have logs of a car with a OTS Sneeky tune on a gti with a 38 on 91... cars not being pushed hard 27 peak tapered to 20 above 6000 with like 8 degrees ONLY above 6000, logs a fully knock retard free so still safe/clean with headroom just like at off the shelf should be.

lets be transparent though... that 363hp was with octane booster correct?

E30 is not some super crazy high blend - if he's mixing Vegas ethanol with 91 for a e30 blend that's going to yield a fueling source equivalent to a 94-96 octane... lets say your 360 was max effort on that tune, you are not making 40 more hp from e30. lol. realistic numbers on full E85 on stock 38s are "around 400" with unicorn cars make more than that.

also i said drive out there as a joke cause a remote tune means he don't get to jump on eds ego boosting dyno to see those "numbers" lol

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have logs of a car with a OTS Sneeky tune on a gti with a 38 on 91... cars not being pushed hard 27 peak tapered to 20 above 6000 with like 8 degrees ONLY above 6000, logs a fully knock retard free so still safe/clean with headroom just like at off the shelf should be.

lets be transparent though... that 363hp was with octane booster correct?

E30 is not some super crazy high blend - if he's mixing Vegas ethanol with 91 for a e30 blend that's going to yield a fueling source equivalent to a 94-96 octane... lets say your 360 was max effort on that tune, you are not making 40 more hp from e30. lol. realistic numbers on full E85 on stock 38s are "around 400" with unicorn cars make more than that.

also i said drive out there as a joke cause a remote tune means he don't get to jump on eds ego boosting dyno to see those "numbers" lol
I was using 91 octane and enough Torco to get to 93 octane. I have to fill up everyday so I add enough Torco to keep it at 93.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
A social media presence is advantageous I agree. But utilizing closed groups for info sharing on one media platform is not something I care for, nor is it valuable enough to me to warrant signing up for Facebook. But maybe that’s what needs to be done to elicit a reply to questions, as my email has been unanswered since I sent it over 2 weeks ago.

My perspective only. You can’t win them all, and you can only hope to appeal to most.
What address did you send an email to? It should have definitely been answered. Please check your spam (one major drawback to email).

— Ed