GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
I'll be switching gas today to see if anything changes, but on a long trip, I saw some -4.22 across 2 cylinders, other two at -3.7. Getting a little concerned now given the car has only 2k mile, no other modifications aside from the EQT Stage 1 (and TCU) and a drop in filter.
Was this knock on cruise or WOT? motor will show knock on regular driving...especially on the Cobb AP....totally normal. Speaking from exp...it can be nerve racking and a deep hole to fall into constantly keeping an eye on the AP. You'll be fine IMO

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Easy process. Heat up the engine. Put on work gloves. Pull on the ignition coils nice and steady. They will pop out. The rest is easy. Get a magnetic torque wrench extension for pulling out the plugs.

This is the first car I've worked on as well. I've changed my plugs twice and my wife's Beetle's plugs once.

I'll give it a try then, thanks!

Was this knock on cruise or WOT? motor will show knock on regular driving...especially on the Cobb AP....totally normal. Speaking from exp...it can be nerve racking and a deep hole to fall into constantly keeping an eye on the AP. You'll be fine IMO

Knock I see on cruise is like at most -1.88 on random cylinders, on very rare scenarios like cruising and then putting feet down on throttle in like 6/7th gear (before it drops gears). The -4.22s and -3.7 I see were all on WOT. Shift to Sport, gears drop from 6th to 4th, then as I'm WOT, I see those numbers around 4th gear.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Definitely try another brand of gas first. You don’t need colder plugs.
Thanks Diggs, that's the first thing I will be doing. I had been using Shell 93 V Nitro for the past few years but I recently moved and I have a theory that the closest Shell station near me doesn't cycle through their 93 much (poorer area). I went to busier Shell in a richer part of town and fill the tank with that (hoping that their 93 is cycled more often as more people using it). Normal drive back home showed zero knock (didn't have a chance to WOT pull so I'll keep monitoring).

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Alright guys.... we have destroyed all previous sales records so far, so thank you all for the support!

We are now down to the FINAL WEEK of the Boost Weather Sale. The final day of the sale is November 30th. Don't miss out!

Thanks
-- Ed

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
To answer the OPs question which has probably been answered over 100x I just want to chime in that the OTS stg2 93 tune seems too good to be true. Not in a bad way. In a real GOOD way. What the fuck MK7 black magic is this Ed guy doing? This car has always been pretty lackluster off the line, especially compared to my VR6. I get it, it’s a turbo car. Now I’m smoking cars whose only saving grace is being quick off the line. With little effort. It feels like a NA car in 1st then that turbo kicks in hard at 2nd and buh bye. I can’t wait to get a custom tune from these guys and blow a hole in the 4th dimension. Good job EQT.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Cobb AP w/EQT STG 1 91 tune here. Just installed and drove for the first time this afternoon. Didn't and wasn't able to get on it fully had a co-pilot with me. Drove it gently for about 30-40 miles. Quickly rolled on the throttle from a stop to about about 3/4 and to quote Mia Wallace- "I said goddamn!" Traction Control intervening and tires chirping (Michelin PS4s). Super fun and can't wait to fully explore the new capabilities. Now the wait for the DSG file

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
EQT must be working overtime! Emailed them my DSG code on Friday and got my tune file this morning at 2:13 EST! Wasn't expecting it for at least a few days due to the holiday and the backlog from the sale.
Thanks for the fast turnaround!

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
EQT must be working overtime! Emailed them my DSG code on Friday and got my tune file this morning at 2:13 EST! Wasn't expecting it for at least a few days due to the holiday and the backlog from the sale.
I just got mine overnight also.

The FAQ on their site recommends to perform it whenever flashing any TCU tune. If I just performed the dsg basic settings when I flashed it with the Cobb Sport file about a week ago, is it necessary to perform it again or is performing it this soon be considered too often?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

They are working overtime.
Ed emailed me about a question I had on Sunday night.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Cobb AP w/EQT STG 1 91 tune here. Just installed and drove for the first time this afternoon. Didn't and wasn't able to get on it fully had a co-pilot with me. Drove it gently for about 30-40 miles. Quickly rolled on the throttle from a stop to about about 3/4 and to quote Mia Wallace- "I said goddamn!" Traction Control intervening and tires chirping (Michelin PS4s). Super fun and can't wait to fully explore the new capabilities. Now the wait for the DSG file

Did you opt for Cobb TC? If so, get an OBD11 and code in full ESC disable. When you hold ESC button for 10 sec, it will turn off all VW TC and the Cobb TC will be working. It's so much better than VW's.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I just got mine overnight also.

The FAQ on their site recommends to perform it whenever flashing any TCU tune. If I just performed the dsg basic settings when I flashed it with the Cobb Sport file about a week ago, is it necessary to perform it again or is performing it this soon be considered too often?
Perform it again. Won't hurt anything by doing it often. The TCM will just reset/re-learn each time.

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
I’d say so as well. They shipped my AP out on Saturday. I’m pretty excited.

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
Perform it again. Won't hurt anything by doing it often. The TCM will just reset/re-learn each time.
Cool thanks!

Quick question though, I felt the pedal sink slowly while doing it the first time. Should I hold it down until it’s done “sinking” before starting the reset or is it normal/okay to firmly apply the brakes and just let it sink in while doing the reset? (I’m pretty sure I was holding it firmly the first time) TIA