GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

Tom Brohanks

Go Kart Champion
anyone have any analysis on these logs? much appreciated. did more pulls tonight with no knock at all. EQT tune appears great.

I haven't yet logged my car to compare, but those logs look great to me. No knock, fuel rail pressure is solid. Not sure what else you could ask for. Good gas you have there.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Hey guys,

The EQT Boost Weather Sale is Live!
- FREE ECU Staged Tune with purchase of a Cobb AccessPort!

- FREE TCU Staged Tune with purchase of AP DSG Flashing!

- 15% Discount on all EQT Products (Turbos, Coilovers, etc)!

- 15% Discount on all Staged and Custom Tuning!

- FREE Swag Packs based on order total!
Please note we have already received a record number orders. We are expecting to be back ordered on most items very soon, so please order with that in mind and have some patience for the EQT Team through this sale! Thank you all for the continued support.

http://www.eqtuning.com/

Enjoy!

123466211_10164371406980634_5940861248428372724_o.jpg

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Damn
Hey guys,

Please note we have already received a record number orders. We are expecting to be back ordered on most items very soon, so please order with that in mind and have some patience for the EQT Team through this sale! Thank you all for the continued support.

Enjoy!

View attachment 190851
Damnit just purchased an AP and tune from you go figure! 😂

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hey guys,

Enjoy!

View attachment 190851

That's a beautiful picture.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Guys, I apologize for the amateur question, but just want to make sure I understand what I am looking at with datalogging. I've been monitoring knock retard on each of my cylinders in my AP ever since I went EQT Stage 1 (ECU and TCU), as well as reading discussions here in the forum of acceptable knock retard values. I've also done some additional research outside of the forum to understand knock retard.

Here is what I am seeing, and if I understand knock correctly, when I should or should not worry.
  • During normal driving (no more than 30% throttle), I see absolutely zero knock in my AP. This is obviously perfectly normal and if I was seeing knock during regular driving, then either the tune would be absolute shit, or my car would be having major issues.
  • When I drop into Sport, and go balls out, I see knock values of around -3.7, across all cylinders. This is seen after I am done with a pull, and the car has shifted between gears.
    • Knock in this case is normal ONLY IF the knock happened as the gears shifted. If I understand correctly, knock retard can literally happen if physically the engine moved.
    • If I logged the pull and I see knock retard within a single gear as it goes through the RPM range, then it is an issue and a cause of concern.
    • If I read correctly, for our cars, I likely don't want to be seeing these knock values, and it shouldn't be below -3 or so?
If I am correct with what I said above, is there anything else of importance? Any recommendation of reading material about knock retard? Thanks!

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Guys, I apologize for the amateur question, but just want to make sure I understand what I am looking at with datalogging. I've been monitoring knock retard on each of my cylinders in my AP ever since I went EQT Stage 1 (ECU and TCU), as well as reading discussions here in the forum of acceptable knock retard values. I've also done some additional research outside of the forum to understand knock retard.

Here is what I am seeing, and if I understand knock correctly, when I should or should not worry.
  • During normal driving (no more than 30% throttle), I see absolutely zero knock in my AP. This is obviously perfectly normal and if I was seeing knock during regular driving, then either the tune would be absolute shit, or my car would be having major issues.
  • When I drop into Sport, and go balls out, I see knock values of around -3.7, across all cylinders. This is seen after I am done with a pull, and the car has shifted between gears.
    • Knock in this case is normal ONLY IF the knock happened as the gears shifted. If I understand correctly, knock retard can literally happen if physically the engine moved.
    • If I logged the pull and I see knock retard within a single gear as it goes through the RPM range, then it is an issue and a cause of concern.
    • If I read correctly, for our cars, I likely don't want to be seeing these knock values, and it shouldn't be below -3 or so?
If I am correct with what I said above, is there anything else of importance? Any recommendation of reading material about knock retard? Thanks!
Never having knock sensor correction in a pull is unrealistic, but the more the sensors have to correct the less accurate they get.

If the fuel/tune combination you are running always sees corrections on pulls I would see thing over or change tune/adjust.

I overfueled my way out of any KR concerns being tuned for E35-40 but able to run full E85 with HPFP upgrade but can still see some minor correction.

https://datazap.me/u/chrismk77/eqt-custom-stage-2-hpfp-e-blend-5?log=1&data=8-17-28&zoom=194-328

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Never having knock sensor correction in a pull is unrealistic, but the more the sensors have to correct the less accurate they get.

If the fuel/tune combination you are running always sees corrections on pulls I would see thing over or change tune/adjust.

I overfueled my way out of any KR concerns being tuned for E35-40 but able to run full E85 with HPFP upgrade but can still see some minor correction.

https://datazap.me/u/chrismk77/eqt-custom-stage-2-hpfp-e-blend-5?log=1&data=8-17-28&zoom=194-328
Thanks for showing your log. So in your case, this was logged entirely in 3rd gear, and the knock is seeing only down to -1.7, and this is a realistic and okay amount of KR to see. What I should do then is go log and see KR in each gear. If I am seeing -3.7 like the AP showed while speeding in the same gear, then I'll need to address it.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Thanks for showing your log. So in your case, this was logged entirely in 3rd gear, and the knock is seeing only down to -1.7, and this is a realistic and okay amount of KR to see. What I should do then is go log and see KR in each gear. If I am seeing -3.7 like the AP showed while speeding in the same gear, then I'll need to address it.
If you have over -3 on multiple cylinders that is recurring you need to adress it, this is what Cobb OTS 95Ron(91US) looked like for me running E30 lol.
https://datazap.me/u/chrismk77/cobb-stage1?log=2&data=9-13-22-23-24-25&zoom=502-851