GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

Gojiragojira

Passed Driver's Ed
How are the EQT off the shelf base stage 1/2 maps?

I recently purchased an Accessport and have heard about how the included Cobb maps aren't good at all. I don't have the Accessport yet. It's still in transit to me

A pro tune or e-tune is more than I'd want to spend at this point.

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport

I recently purchased an Accessport and have heard about how the included Cobb maps aren't good at all. I don't have the Accessport yet. It's still in transit to me

I ran Ed's S2 base tune for 5 or so months without issue. No complaints at all and Ed was very nice and quickly answered a few questions I had in the beginning.

I recently switched to Stratified to run their e30 canned tune since I have easy access to E85. very good customer support on their end as well.

If you're being price conscious, I'd say look into Strat's flash tune.

Would look into a DSG tune if you don't have one, both companies offer it and EQT seemed to have good reviews from what I've read on here. MT so I can't really comment much on it.

Wongatron

Passed Driver's Ed

Cobb map was rather meh, and poor mileage as well. Smoother more bountiful power with eqt map. Also i see you have a 2019 as well; third gear will become your best friend, covering 30~ through 80+ in a flash.

Gojiragojira

Passed Driver's Ed
I would go EQT. No doubt about it, and Ed is super responsive.

Thanks for the responses.

Any idea how quickly they send out the tune after you buy it? I assume there is some time needed to prepare the tune even being OTS, since you can customize it to some degree.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I've been going back and forth between getting the EQT or Stratified base maps. I really don't have the need or desire to do a full pro tune, back and forth with maps and logs, but want something better than the Cobb base maps. I tried the MAPerformance maps, but had way too much knock for my liking. Not to mention they just seem to shove way too much boost too quickly.

Wongatron

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the responses.

Any idea how quickly they send out the tune after you buy it? I assume there is some time needed to prepare the tune even being OTS, since you can customize it to some degree.

For me I purchased in evening/afternoon, got it the following evening. Ed stayed on to send me a variant map same evening too since cobb traction isn't fixed yet for 7.5/2019

audio vicious

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport DSG
I tried the MAPerformance Stage 2 tune, too much knock, like someone else mentioned. Went to EQT, haven't looked back. Plan on picking up their DSG tune soon since I've been pleased with the ECU tune.

Gojiragojira

Passed Driver's Ed
I tried the MAPerformance Stage 2 tune, too much knock, like someone else mentioned. Went to EQT, haven't looked back. Plan on picking up their DSG tune soon since I've been pleased with the ECU tune.

Hell YEAH.

I ordered the EQT stage 1 base map today. Am pumped. Much excite. Accessport should be here Wednesday. Praise be to the US Postal Service.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
nothing but amazing experiences with EQT. for something as critical as a tune that impacts every facet of how a car drives I'd rather pay a bit more to get one truly dialed in by someone who is an engineer. Ed is an excellent tuner and has tuned countless 1k+ hp GTRs, etc

I have EQT's ECU and DSG tune but both were tuned by E din person for my setup. both are perfect in my opinion, and I am super picky about my cars and have built/tuned my own past few cars.

cbentley

I've been going back and forth between getting the EQT or Stratified base maps. I really don't have the need or desire to do a full pro tune, back and forth with maps and logs, but want something better than the Cobb base maps. I tried the MAPerformance maps, but had way too much knock for my liking. Not to mention they just seem to shove way too much boost too quickly.

How is performance with the Stratified base map compared to EQT? Stratified sell the Accessport with their flash tune bundled for $675US so it's a decent bit cheaper than EQT, but Stratified don't seem to have any power figures for 91octane on their site, whereas EQT proudly shows a 91 dyno at 310whp/390tq. Does the Stratified feel appreciably slower?

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
How is performance with the Stratified base map compared to EQT? Stratified sell the Accessport with their flash tune bundled for $675US so it's a decent bit cheaper than EQT, but Stratified don't seem to have any power figures for 91octane on their site, whereas EQT proudly shows a 91 dyno at 310whp/390tq. Does the Stratified feel appreciably slower?

This is interesting info. I plan on running an E30 Blend so will need a protune for that but in the case I didn't stock up enough I wanted to run a base stage 2 map. Was wondering if I should just go strat or EQ or if I could save some money and just run stock (If that wont cause problems with a DP)

Mk7gtifl

Ready to race!

You can add a revision with Stratified, I currently have a base EQT on 93, was looking for a conservative safe tune, and it’s that but still putting great power, specially the torque, I do feel a difference with my Ethanol tune map for sure but mostly on the top end, driving it daily it feels very close but with almost non existent KR, I can’t say anything about stratified but adding a revision and still be under $800 it’s a good deal

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Last edited: