GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
When's the E30 OTS tune for IS38 GTI coming? Will it ever? Gimme gimme gimme! 😁

I'm determined to build a +400hp gti for under $1300. Because I'm a cheap bastid.
Haha, hasn’t ED personally posted that it won’t be a OTS map for something like that?

Also unless you drive out to his shop to get on his dyno - you ain’t hitting 400 with e30 on a is38 😅

Now in regards to your budget...
I know of a tuner that does ots maps for is38s and various fuels.
3423956E-A3C0-4D69-9143-609ACDC88CF5.png

blaqsheep

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Haha, hasn’t ED personally posted that it won’t be a OTS map for something like that?

Also unless you drive out to his shop to get on his dyno - you ain’t hitting 400 with e30 on a is38 😅

View attachment 204033
This is where I'm confused, if you select IS38 wouldn't that mean that it is meant for R/S3? I would have loved to throw $150-175 at an OTS IS38 tune instead of paying more than double for a protune for only 91 oct.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

View attachment 204033
He can get a remote dyno tune. When I had my IS38 it put out 363 HP so with E it should be about 400 HP.
I wouldn't do it without a custom tune though.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
He can get a remote dyno tune. When I had my IS38 it put out 363 HP so with E it should be about 400 HP.
I wouldn't do it without a custom tune though.
I have logs of a car with a OTS Sneeky tune on a gti with a 38 on 91... cars not being pushed hard 27 peak tapered to 20 above 6000 with like 8 degrees ONLY above 6000, logs a fully knock retard free so still safe/clean with headroom just like at off the shelf should be.

lets be transparent though... that 363hp was with octane booster correct?

E30 is not some super crazy high blend - if he's mixing Vegas ethanol with 91 for a e30 blend that's going to yield a fueling source equivalent to a 94-96 octane... lets say your 360 was max effort on that tune, you are not making 40 more hp from e30. lol. realistic numbers on full E85 on stock 38s are "around 400" with unicorn cars make more than that.

also i said drive out there as a joke cause a remote tune means he don't get to jump on eds ego boosting dyno to see those "numbers" lol

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have logs of a car with a OTS Sneeky tune on a gti with a 38 on 91... cars not being pushed hard 27 peak tapered to 20 above 6000 with like 8 degrees ONLY above 6000, logs a fully knock retard free so still safe/clean with headroom just like at off the shelf should be.

lets be transparent though... that 363hp was with octane booster correct?

E30 is not some super crazy high blend - if he's mixing Vegas ethanol with 91 for a e30 blend that's going to yield a fueling source equivalent to a 94-96 octane... lets say your 360 was max effort on that tune, you are not making 40 more hp from e30. lol. realistic numbers on full E85 on stock 38s are "around 400" with unicorn cars make more than that.

also i said drive out there as a joke cause a remote tune means he don't get to jump on eds ego boosting dyno to see those "numbers" lol
I was using 91 octane and enough Torco to get to 93 octane. I have to fill up everyday so I add enough Torco to keep it at 93.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
A social media presence is advantageous I agree. But utilizing closed groups for info sharing on one media platform is not something I care for, nor is it valuable enough to me to warrant signing up for Facebook. But maybe that’s what needs to be done to elicit a reply to questions, as my email has been unanswered since I sent it over 2 weeks ago.

My perspective only. You can’t win them all, and you can only hope to appeal to most.
What address did you send an email to? It should have definitely been answered. Please check your spam (one major drawback to email).

— Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
My email hasn't been answered either but I'm not joining Facebook to communicate. I know Ed has more customers on Facebook but either he or an EQT representative should be in this forum more often than Ed is.
Have you checked spam? What address are you using? We have really been on top of the general email inquiries.
— Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
When's the E30 OTS tune for IS38 GTI coming? Will it ever? Gimme gimme gimme! 😁

I'm determined to build a +400hp gti for under $1300. Because I'm a cheap bastid.
Custom only for any upgraded turbos.

Ridebjj

Autocross Newbie

View attachment 204033
Oh that's interesting. That might solve my problem. Their literature says HP on that tune is "From 330HP to 430 HP depending on mods and fuel type". Maybe I should write to them and see what they say for my use case.

Also, I don't know why there can't be an IS38 e30 tune for gti just as strong as the existing one for the golf r eqt makes. That one makes 420bhp according to their charts.

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Oh that's interesting. That might solve my problem. Their literature says HP on that tune is "From 330HP to 430 HP depending on mods and fuel type". Maybe I should write to them and see what they say for my use case.

Also, I don't know why there can't be an IS38 e30 tune for gti just as strong as the existing one for the golf r eqt makes. That one makes 420bhp according to their charts.
Yeah on a eqt dyno... that’s known to read high.

Sneeky lists the variance due to that same reason of dyno variances... 400 is already max effort on a is38. He wall always tell you something low, as to not disappoint

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah on a eqt dyno... that’s known to read high.

Sneeky lists the variance due to that same reason of dyno variances... 400 is already max effort on a is38. He wall always tell you something low, as to not disappoint
The IS38 is past its peak at 6000 RPM so I agree that about 400 HP is tops. With a blow the motor tune and the right dyno you might see 430 HP once or twice.

impulsive.ca

Autocross Newbie
No legitimate tuner/company will tune a car so it can't be reliable. The only way they will is if the customer signs off saying they're not liable.

That said, that happens often. Money doesn't buy brains. 30whp isn't worth a blown engine/turbo.

Hell, I'm having a hard time justifying spending money on a downpipe to go stg2 when the gains from the stg1 eqt 91 and stg2 is about that much.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
No legitimate tuner/company will tune a car so it can't be reliable. The only way they will is if the customer signs off saying they're not liable.

That said, that happens often. Money doesn't buy brains. 30whp isn't worth a blown engine/turbo.

Hell, I'm having a hard time justifying spending money on a downpipe to go stg2 when the gains from the stg1 eqt 91 and stg2 is about that much.
Having driven my stg1 EQT back to back with another Rabbit Edition EQT stage 2, the hp isn't the real difference. It was how quickly the turbo spooled and how responsive the throttle was. On the street, probably not a big deal, but would be nice on track.