GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I don’t get pushed into my seat at all, honestly. EQT Stage 2 93 on my DSG 2019 R. It’s really underwhelming.

As the driver I don't get pushed into the seat too much, but my passengers definitely do. On my stage 1 93 tune the first time I did a 1st/2nd gear pull with a passenger I gave them butterflies and they complained about not having their head against the headrest. It's like a little roller coaster.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
As the driver I don't get pushed into the seat too much, but my passengers definitely do. On my stage 1 93 tune the first time I did a 1st/2nd gear pull with a passenger I gave them butterflies and they complained about not having their head against the headrest. It's like a little roller coaster.

There's definitely a big difference between being a passenger and a driver, even in the same car. Had a buddy drive my car with myself in the passenger seat, and it felt like it pulled more than when I'm driving.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
There's definitely a big difference between being a passenger and a driver, even in the same car. Had a buddy drive my car with myself in the passenger seat, and it felt like it pulled more than when I'm driving.

You're exactly right. The driver is holding onto the steering wheel and knows what to expect. I rode in mine today with a mechanic driving and I thought crap it doesn't feel this fast when I'm driving.

Boost_Junkie

Passed Driver's Ed
Flashed stage 1 93 and paired with a DSG tune. With the torque limits removed from 1st and 2nd, accelerating from a stop is much more immediate. The torque is so usable and just makes the car way more enjoyable. Not getting any knock correction across all four cylinders either, while with the Cobb OTS map I would get correction at 1/4 and 1/2 throttle. If you're on the fence about EQT I'd recommend it 100%

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Question guys...I got my AP recently from EQT (Stage 1 93 Oct) with the DSG upgrade (though I notified them since I have a 7 speed I'd wait for their file) but I will not be flashing it on my car for a while. I'm going to wait till break in and then do some hard pulls to make sure everything is okay with the car. In the meantime I have plugged the AP to my PC to check for updates and all that, and wanted to see if you guys can tell me what I should be seeing on this screen:

1590760084949.png

Is this supposed to show only additional files or should I have been seeing all the COBB maps, DSG maps, etc.? Also, I'm assuming the AP info window shows Not Installed/Uninstalled because I have not paired it to my car? I only want to make sure they sent the AP properly configured with what I paid for (don't want to run into any issues down the line if say, for example, the DSG upgrade was never put into the AP).

1590760188285.png

Thanks!!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Question guys...I got my AP recently from EQT (Stage 1 93 Oct) with the DSG upgrade (though I notified them since I have a 7 speed I'd wait for their file) but I will not be flashing it on my car for a while. I'm going to wait till break in and then do some hard pulls to make sure everything is okay with the car. In the meantime I have plugged the AP to my PC to check for updates and all that, and wanted to see if you guys can tell me what I should be seeing on this screen:

View attachment 174940

Is this supposed to show only additional files or should I have been seeing all the COBB maps, DSG maps, etc.? Also, I'm assuming the AP info window shows Not Installed/Uninstalled because I have not paired it to my car? I only want to make sure they sent the AP properly configured with what I paid for (don't want to run into any issues down the line if say, for example, the DSG upgrade was never put into the AP).

View attachment 174941

Thanks!!
That looks right....stage 1 with traction control and pops/crackles. It's also not populating the car information because you haven't paired/married it yet.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
That looks right....stage 1 with traction control and pops/crackles. It's also not populating the car information because you haven't paired/married it yet.

Thanks crow, appreciate the quick response. Should I be seeing the COBB files there too?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Everything looks right to me. I didn't see cobb files initially either, but later on when I plugged in my AP to my computer to update my tune to 2.0 all the cobb files were there. Not sure why they didn't show up at first. If you don't have them you can just download them off cobbs site and add them yourself. I ended up deleting all the cobb tunes off of it except for a stock tune and a valet tune.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Thanks crow, appreciate the quick response. Should I be seeing the COBB files there too?
Everything looks right to me. I didn't see cobb files initially either, but later on when I plugged in my AP to my computer to update my tune to 2.0 all the cobb files were there. Not sure why they didn't show up at first. If you don't have them you can just download them off cobbs site and add them yourself. I ended up deleting all the cobb tunes off of it except for a stock tune and a valet tune.
Yeah, you're not going to use the cobb tunes.....ever. Not with an EQT tune if given the choice.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Yeah, you're not going to use the cobb tunes.....ever. Not with an EQT tune if given the choice.

Yea, I just remembered I left a cobb 91 oct tune on there too. I know I'd never use it though, I'd just buy another tune from Ed if I have to switch to 91.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Took just as long as the first flash to load the EQT map, but I think that's because it's a conrom map vs the old rom and I had updated the AP and all OTS maps too??? Who knows, but it was just as long as the first flash. My middle name is danger, I didn't use a battery charger.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Ok, so EQT stage 1 91 oct tune pulls harder than Cobb OTS stage 1 91 oct. Haven't had any clutch slip at all with the COBB tune. Definitely get a little slip in 1st gear with the EQT. EQT pulls much better above 4500rpm, Cobb falls flat there. I'll continue to DD the COBB tune and reserve the EQT tune for autocross. I'll run the COBB stg 0 for track days, as I'm still on stock radiator, IC, and oil cooler.

Last edited: