GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

Mlaplaca08

Passed Driver's Ed
If you get it ahead of time, you might have been able to put that in and they load it on order. Either way the tcu ID is all that’s needed for you to get it now.

AmalgamGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Posted in the EQT tuning Q&A in the golf R thread, but I'll ask here just in case.
Does anyone happen to know whether EQT offers a base 91 tune for is38 GTI's?
I also see that there's an e30 staged tune for golf R's, but can that be applied to GTI's too?

thanks for any info.
I think remember seeing on the fb group that there are so many variations of the IS38 (such as OEM, OEM+, hybrids) that Ed will not offer a base tune. There's nothing stopping someone from cheaping out and buying a base tune intended for an OEM/OEM+ IS38 and using it on an IS38 hybrid. If you're going to upgrade to an IS38, it's not that much more to get a custom tune from Ed to go along with it.

GTI_Jerm

Go Kart Champion
I think remember seeing on the fb group that there are so many variations of the IS38 (such as OEM, OEM+, hybrids) that Ed will not offer a base tune. There's nothing stopping someone from cheaping out and buying a base tune intended for an OEM/OEM+ IS38 and using it on an IS38 hybrid. If you're going to upgrade to an IS38, it's not that much more to get a custom tune from Ed to go along with it.

thanks, makes sense to me. it's looking like I'll be staying is20 and just getting an e30 tune. I'm not a DIYer so install and all the other parts are gonna add up.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Nevermind, answered elsewhere.

Last edited:

Harryv15

Car(s)
2017 Mk7 GTI S
My oil temps have gone up since i flashed EQT.

Hey I’m also In the process of changing from Unitronic stg 2 to EQT stg 2 93oct. Do you feel like EQT is faster at all? Like would i notice better performance over Unitronic? Please let me know...
Thanks ahead

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Curious, I went to load my v2.01 file today via AP manager and I received a pop up that the map doesn't match the vehicle the AP is installed to. Is that the consolidated ROM pop up message or is my file actually incorrect? sorry, been a while since I had to load a file to it and I don't remember seeing this previously. Thanks

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Curious, I went to load my v2.01 file today via AP manager and I received a pop up that the map doesn't match the vehicle the AP is installed to. Is that the consolidated ROM pop up message or is my file actually incorrect? sorry, been a while since I had to load a file to it and I don't remember seeing this previously. Thanks

You'll have to contact EQT and have them send you a correct file. I believe Patrick handles that.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Hey I’m also In the process of changing from Unitronic stg 2 to EQT stg 2 93oct. Do you feel like EQT is faster at all? Like would i notice better performance over Unitronic? Please let me know...
Thanks ahead

Higher boost, early boost onset. Low RPM torque blows you away. I never had the feeling of being pushed into my seat on Uni st2. I do on EQT st2.

audio vicious

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport DSG
That was the consolidated ROM pop up message you mentioned. You should be fine to flash it, I've never had an issue when seeing that message.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
That was the consolidated ROM pop up message you mentioned. You should be fine to flash it, I've never had an issue when seeing that message.

Oh oops, I was thinking the AP # on his tune didn't match the number on his AP.

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Thanks, Patrick confirmed it was the consolidated ROM pop up message and nothing wrong with the file.

pjs06c

Passed Driver's Ed
I flashed to the Stage 1 93 tune on my 7.5 Golf R (stock) but I keep getting a P0420 code (comes back after I clear it). I saw that issue was common on Stage 2 cars with aftermarket DPs, but I'm stock. Might switch to the Cobb map and see if it comes back

Ibbs

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Higher boost, early boost onset. Low RPM torque blows you away. I never had the feeling of being pushed into my seat on Uni st2. I do on EQT st2.
I don’t get pushed into my seat at all, honestly. EQT Stage 2 93 on my DSG 2019 R. It’s really underwhelming.