GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Houston VW owners

cthang

Hey guys, I've got the Euro LED tail lights coming in this week from shopdap with the adapter harness. I'm not too worried about installing the actual tail lights themselves, but the adapter harness, which requires removing some panels and wiring things around I'm not sure about plus vagcom coding afterwards. Can anyone recommend a place or person in Houston for that part of the install? Thanks!

Miguel1

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I've got the Euro LED tail lights coming in this week from shopdap with the adapter harness. I'm not too worried about installing the actual tail lights themselves, but the adapter harness, which requires removing some panels and wiring things around I'm not sure about plus vagcom coding afterwards. Can anyone recommend a place or person in Houston for that part of the install? Thanks!
They have an install video on their YouTube page for both the install of the harness and the coding. If you need vag com PM me.

Mk620T

Ready to race!
Montrose area - have VCDS. I've done most of the mods people want (custom tail blinking, traction control, windows, seatbelt chime, XDS, seat memory...). PM if you're interested.

wlfpck

Ready to race!

call European legacy motorsports. They should be able to help with the panels and stuff. Then you can have them do the coding or someone else do the coding.

woody1

Passed Driver's Ed
North east Houston here. We all need to meet up!

mattchow

Ready to race!
just pull the panels yourself, there are videos online about it. get familiar with your car. i just pulled off the front bumper to install the becautoparts golf r replica headlights on my gsw.

just finished a round of simple mods on the gsw..

BECautopart Golf R Replica Headlights
OEM Bike Holder
OEM Roof Rack
Neuspeed Power Module
Rear Slip On Exhaust Tips Plastidipped Black
Dead Pedal + Gas/Brake Pedal
Plastidip Front Grille Chrome
Debadge Rear GOLF + TSI Emblems
BFI Stage 1 Torque Arm Insert

augiec

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm in Houston as well. Southern corner of 610. Honestly, I haven't been thinking too much of going crazy with performance mods. I was thinking about chipping the car, but from what I've read on the forums that just goes down the proverbial rabbit hole. Are there any local mk7 gti owners who could share their insights?

wlfpck

Ready to race!
All depends if you're looking for more performance or more noise.

Performance wise... you'll pretty much have to either tune or piggyback.

More noise...

Intake, catback exhaust, turbo muffler delete, etc.

My opinion is that an open-air intake is not beneficial. The closed air intakes are only needed if you are maxing out the stock intake. Though the APR and AWE intakes would probably still provide some performance gain regardless.

I think removing the snow guard from the stock intake and replacing the panel filter with a higher flow one is more than enough without a tune.

Gstyle2015Mk7

Hei I'm from n Houston in kingwood area anybody here....I got a 2015 4 door gti s sport Package Dsg it wood be nice to meet up once a week somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk