GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hot Start Misfires

phecker410

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R 6MT
Hi All,

Just had a bunch of parts installed including MPI, dbv2 turbo, and flashed a custom tune. The tune is only in revision one. I'm running Brisk Silver spark plugs and the shop that installed the parts reports the car experiencing random misfires on hot starts. Cold starts, normally driving, and the two 3rd gear pulls seem to be without issue. Just the hot starts.

Has anyone experienced this and had it attributed to the Brisk silver spark plugs? Or maybe just the tune not being dialed in yet?

phecker410

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R 6MT
Giving that a try, thank you

phecker410

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R 6MT
what tune?
EQT. I just heard back from Nick after sending logs. He didn't comment on anything he saw in the logs (including idle log). He mentioned it could be the plugs since he hasn't encountered tuning related issues to this problem. I'm wondering if the shop is just being overly cautious?

Attempting to attach the following logs in a zip file. This tune has had 1 revision from the base map.

3 Cold Start
5 Third Gear Pull
6 Hot Start (apparent misfires)

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    215.5 KB · Views: 93

phecker410

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R 6MT
Update: Checked the plugs and they look fine and are gapped correctly. The shop decided it's negligible- more than likely just a "typical" idle misfire on this platform. I'm going to monitor to see if it improves or worsens and communicate as much to Nick at EQT.

Going to pick the car up now :D

phecker410

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R 6MT
Were you running the same plugs before the install?
Nope, I had the oem plugs before. I trust the shop. They do a lot of builds on this platform.
The misfire is super mild and it seems to “level out” after 30 seconds or so at idle. No issues at WOT that I can detect.