GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Horrible After Sales Service

SharmaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
So its nearly been 6 months since i received my GTI.. Loving everything about it except for one major major issue... AL NABOODA AUTOS(THE Dealer)! Their transition from a "Oh! we love our customers" (Pre Sale) to "We don't give a rats arse about you" (Post Sale) was quick and drastic. Pardon my french.

Been running around for 4 days between the body shop and the showroom trying to sort out an offset bumper,. (Pics will follow as soon as i get back home!) --- There is a small gap between the right headlight and the upper lip of the bumper, i have no idea how that happened!! (Loose clip or something)..

Customer Care Rep was less than helpful (was a wee bit rude to), all she did was email my sales person asking him to get in touch with me (Which he never did-- Day 4- Nabooda still thinks i am a moron!).... So now my plan is to go to the body shop speak to a manager (create a scene) and try to get it sorted. if not then Mr. CEO will be getting an email showcasing huge disappointment in the services provided.. and probably wait and pray they eventually fix it !

I knew it was bad due to past experiences with the Cayman R .. but never this bad. They would take their time but at least they kept me updated!.. Not dealing with them again for sure!

Thought id vent out a lil :mad: on the forum! :p

Wolksvagen

Banned
Its good to vent now and again, sorry to hear about your experience and I hope it gets put right.

Is there a possibility they could think the gap has been caused by impact to the bumper? Irrespective, the quality of customer service is lacking.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
I would go and speak to the guy who runs the dealership, Scream and shout if you have to.

Then write/call VW head office. Take the names of all the people that were useless.

And if you need to go to another VW dealer.

Please post pics?.

Hth's

Rappy.

SharmaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Here it is

Last edited:

SharmaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Its good to vent now and again, sorry to hear about your experience and I hope it gets put right.

Is there a possibility they could think the gap has been caused by impact to the bumper? Irrespective, the quality of customer service is lacking.

Got it checked by the mechaanic/technician.. He does not suspect any impact to the bumper.. As there are no scratches dents etc.. What he believes has happened is that, one of the clip got loose somehow and over time it rattled out of place!! Sure........ (PDI FTW!)
Gonna sit through the whole resetting process tomorrow and see exactly what went wrong with it....

Hope the pic works... (Highly doubtful it does not work)

Last edited:

SharmaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I would go and speak to the guy who runs the dealership, Scream and shout if you have to.

Then write/call VW head office. Take the names of all the people that were useless.

And if you need to go to another VW dealer.

Please post pics?.

Hth's

Rappy.

Screaming and shouting did work :p.. Management took it up and had the sales guy call me and apologize... Should be sorted tomorrow or day after (typically unsure).. Hopefully..
Uploaded a pic hope it works... I would love to go to another dealer , but here in Dubai its run by a single monopoly called Al Nabooda so i have no other options, though there is another dealer a fair distance away in Abu Dhabi (Quite a drive for my standards 160Kms)...

More pics of resetting the bumper will follow.. :p

Last edited:

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Good result :D , I agree that does not look right.

Just to save any further issues, I would ask to be present when they remove the bumper & inspect/ understand how it is attached.

Hopefully its a quick fix.

Rappy.