GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hoon's DIYish Engine Build Thread

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Screenshot_20200811-210119.png

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
So the CSL is a little lighter, has a different bumper, halogen headlights, different cam, and a carbon airbox. you can get an Evolve carbon airbox, headers, schrick cams, tune, and seats and a cage for less than a quarter of the difference in price. Fuck a CSL.150k for an extra 20 hp and ~200 lbs lighter, miss me with that garbage. If you get one, first thing, do all the fluids, constant pressure valve o ring, vanos pump/seals/gaskets, verify/adjust valve clearance and reinforce the rear subframe. Once you've addressed those common failure points, you can take your time with the other mods
I thought about an e46 but part me is like why not get a 350z as a dedicated track car? Same weight but comes with like 60 more hp. Just do brakes, square setup light wheels, coilovers, spl camber arms and bolt ons and I feel like that would be faster than a e46. I'm also referring to a 330ci because a e46 m3 is like 5 times the cost of a 350z

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Hoon been spinning from before the motor build and he’s still out playing around on street tires. Slicks + video.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
SO EPIC!!

what tires is this again? this thing needs some serious drag radials more than I need a night of debauchery with jessica alba

fwiw I really like my super pro front control arm bushings for traction, they certainly make it easier to feel the bumps in the roads a bit but noticeable improvement in straight line traction since they keep the tires flatter/straighter and when the tires spin it grips better while spinning also, if you haven't done them yet. the increased caster is mildly nice in the turns also once the steering wheel loads up

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
He needs slicks. Drag Radials + FWD on the street is no better than a good hard tire, once they break loose there’s no coming back.