GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hoon's DIYish Engine Build Thread

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
There might be a ported R head with APR springs and Supertech valves headed my way...
Who did the porting on the head?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Headgames

I'm taking a bit of a risk based on their excellent reputation with other engines.

Untitled.png

Is that really a smart idea?

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Headgames

I'm taking a bit of a risk based on their excellent reputation with other engines.
I didnt know that precision raceworks also ports heads. I thought about doing mine when the head was off but it doesn't seem like a huge gain to be had, I see it helps spool and less stress on the turbo but power wise not sure if it's worth the 1500 dollars from PR

Hoon

Autocross Champion
View attachment 159855

Is that really a smart idea?

Lmao
There might be a lack of traction under 90mph headed your way! DOPE!
Yeah i was already at a point where 3rd gear was a pedal fest. Oh well car will roll out at 100+ lol

He has to look good when passing people. Lol...

Gonna get these to flash at people while putting buses...

I didnt know that precision raceworks also ports heads. I thought about doing mine when the head was off but it doesn't seem like a huge gain to be had, I see it helps spool and less stress on the turbo but power wise not sure if it's worth the 1500 dollars from PR

I'm hoping to make the same power with 4-5psi less boost, which should help with heat control and backpressure.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
bahahaha.....

Cobb traction control and some boost by gear should work wonders. are you going to run an electronic cut out or something for exhaust?

this is going to be so epic.