GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hit curb, oil pan leak??

Bigsmallguy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mk7
Hi Guys,

I’m such an idiot hit a small curb at a center divider, at night and shouldn’t use an excuse but didn’t see it in the dark. not going too fast maybe 10-20 mph. Enough to cause a flat and an oil leak. Pictures attached. Also links to up close videos showing the leak..

Aside from the wheel, I’m hoping this will just result in an oil pan replacement. I’m more worried I caused more damage to where that oil compartment area is, possibly hitting another part or causing severe damage more than just an oil pan. Going to Firestone, won’t take it to a dealer bc of stage 1 tune currently on. I have great collision coverage in the case needed, although if it’s just an oil pan will pay out of pocket.

Here are a couple pics attached, and a few links of I’ll use videos .

Front view front right tire:

Back view front right tire:

Front Up close view:

What do you guys think?
2B3AF811-2425-4734-A5FF-8C288226A390.jpeg

Attachments

• 31180318-5577-42E0-B1FC-D8833890BFAC.jpeg
    31180318-5577-42E0-B1FC-D8833890BFAC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Hi Guys,

I’m such an idiot hit a small curb at a center divider, at night and shouldn’t use an excuse but didn’t see it in the dark. not going too fast maybe 10-20 mph. Enough to cause a flat and an oil leak. Pictures attached. Also links to up close videos showing the leak..

Aside from the wheel, I’m hoping this will just result in an oil pan replacement. I’m more worried I caused more damage to where that oil compartment area is, possibly hitting another part or causing severe damage more than just an oil pan. Going to Firestone, won’t take it to a dealer bc of stage 1 tune currently on. I have great collision coverage in the case needed, although if it’s just an oil pan will pay out of pocket.

Here are a couple pics attached, and a few links of I’ll use videos .

Front view front right tire:

Back view front right tire:

Front Up close view:

What do you guys think?
Don't take it to Firestone! Take your car to a local VW/Audi indy shop. Firestone will rip you off and most likely do a shit job repairing it while making false claims of additional issues that they need to fix.

Bigsmallguy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mk7
Don't take it to Firestone! Take your car to a local VW/Audi indy shop. Firestone will rip you off and most likely do a shit job repairing it while making false claims of additional issues that they need to fix.
Problem is , I have it tuned and have a used car extended warranty, taking it to VW would have it flagged TD1 and might void my extended warranty .. :/

I also have my local indie German car shop, they’re good but I won’t be able to bring it in there until Monday. I guess I could wait. But my nerves are freaking out I want to take it somewhere soon. I was also thinking Firestone bc I’ll need to get tires anyways , I’m not sure if my indie shop does tires . I know they don’t do alignment . But after seeing this I’ll probably take it to the German indie

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Definitely don't take it to Firestone they'll just rev the fuck out of your car and then give it back without doing anything they were supposed to do (true story)

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Problem is , I have it tuned and have a used car extended warranty, taking it to VW would have it flagged TD1 .. :/

I also have my local indie German car shop, they’re good but I won’t be able to bring it in there until Monday. I guess I could wait. But my nerves are freaking out I want to take it somewhere soon
No way that's covered by warranty of any kind. The dealer is fine. You don't get "TD1'd" unless you are making a warranty claim.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Problem is , I have it tuned and have a used car extended warranty, taking it to VW would have it flagged TD1 .. :/

I also have my local indie German car shop, they’re good but I won’t be able to bring it in there until Monday. I guess I could wait. But my nerves are freaking out I want to take it somewhere soon
what's the point of even having an extended warranty if you're too scared to bring the car to the dealer?

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
It is worth calling your dealership - usually the extended warranty is not offered by VWoA so your car being TD1'd may not be an issue at all.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Hitting curbs isn't covered by powertrain warranty anyways so why would the dealer give a shit about a td1? You're getting charged either way

Bigsmallguy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mk7
No way that's covered by warranty of any kind. The dealer is fine. You don't get "TD1'd" unless you are making a warranty claim.
I bought this ultimate deluxe warranty that covers almost everything, I was hoping in the worst case scenario to use it on a suspension repair or something. I’ll attach a pic here to show what it covers. I can use any liscenced shop not just the dealer with it.
what's the point of even having an extended warranty if you're too scared to bring the car to the dealer?
It is worth calling your dealership - usually the extended warranty is not offered by VWoA so your car being TD1'd may not be an issue at all.
Technically the warranty contract has a clause on modifications. I’m scared that by having it flagged as tuned will prevent it from being worked on. But im not sure if the warranty says only problems relating to the tune would only be voided, or if the tune voids the entire warranty. So I figured I’d play it safe by not taking it to the dealer. Also speaking of rip offs, the stealership doesn’t appeal to me as a first option. But idk If truly needed then I’ll take it there

Bigsmallguy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mk7
1665157139303.jpeg

Here’s a pic of pretty much what the warranty covers. I can go to any liscensed shop with it.

I may call the dealer still thinking about it

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I bought this ultimate deluxe warranty that covers almost everything, I was hoping in the worst case scenario to use it on a suspension repair or something. I’ll attach a pic here to show what it covers. I can use any liscenced shop not just the dealer with it.

Technically the warranty contract has a clause on modifications. I’m scared that by having it flagged as tuned will prevent it from being worked on. But im not sure if the warranty says only problems relating to the tune would only be voided, or if the tune voids the entire warranty. So I figured I’d play it safe by not taking it to the dealer. Also speaking of rip offs, the stealership doesn’t appeal to me as a first option. But idk If truly needed then I’ll take it there
Call the dealership and talk to them in hypotheticals, "if i were tuned" blah blah blah. I'm doing the same thing now. Depending on the dealership, they'll do their best to not let the company know it's tuned.

Bigsmallguy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mk7
Hitting curbs isn't covered by powertrain warranty anyways so why would the dealer give a shit about a td1? You're getting charged either way
It’s a 3rd
it’s a 3rd party warranty, so the warranty work doesn’t have to be done at s dealer, here’s a pic of the warranty coverage summary

1665157351927.jpeg