GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

High Wastegate Duty & 2 Codes

mto386

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
After my latest tune, I noticed I have 100% duty cycle all the way to redline. That doesn’t seem right to me. See my build thread for my mods. The tune is requesting 35psi and doesnt ever get past 34. To me this means one or more of these: restricted airflow into the engine, boost leak, restrictive exhaust. Codes are: P2270 02 sensor stuck lean bank 1 sensor 2 & P0068 MAP/Throttle position correlation. These both could mean a restriction or leak somehwere. APR intake has a brand new filter on it. DP was washout out and I put a leaf blower through it. Anybody actually have a throttle body problem before? It was my oem throttle body on Euro manifold. Any Ideas? I pressure tested my charge piping and couldn't find any leaks.

mto386

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
While stock DV is awesome it may not hold that much boost. I know you swapped recently, is the WG issue timed with your DV swap or do you have good data on stock WG?

I don't really have an accurate timeline. I know when I was limited to 27 psi, the wastegate duty looks good, subsiding at 4,100. However, to me, the PSI does seem to hit late compared to other DBV2 V2's. I tightened the wastegate last night, it was at 3.38V. I have to do some logging today to see if that changed anything.

Maybe you’re just out of turbo. When does the gate hit 100%?

Doubt I'm out of turbo with the V2, plus other logs I've seen from other people it does not do what mine is doing.

I'm just throwing some ideas out here... Was your new APR filter drenched in oil?

I got it from USP, thinking that the intake filter is restricting? Possible. Going to borrow a buddy's MAP intake and log with it.

mto386

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Relogged. Tightening the wastegate to 3.5v did nothing. Something else I did, I took off the snail portion of the APR intake. Something I noticed in my previous log was every pull that I did in a sequencely higher gear (3rd-5th) was netting slightly more boost. My guess was due to the ram effect. Now that the ram effect isn't there, I am in fact getting the opposite effect. Instead of 34psi, I'm only getting 31psi in 5th at 6k.

die_sel91

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
mk7r
Maybe you’re right but with a restriction in the exhaust and/or intake. Maybe a small leak in the charge tubing. Got some stainless exhaust pipe on its way to make a custom midpipe.
Did you ever find the problem?

die_sel91

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
mk7r
Perhaps some back info on why you are asking? Didn't you just run the 1/4 and nail some awesome times? Car has issues now?
Yes, lol, thank you! Just seeing higher than normal wastegate duty and came across this post. I've yet to test for a boost leak though..

mto386

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Did you ever find the problem?

Yes, there was an exhaust leak on the turbo between the core and exhaust housing. The clamp came loose a little bit and you could eventually see the black soot around it. I only noticed when I took the turbo out and noticed the housing was rotated.

If you're experiencing this, ask Daniel about a lock nut. I would consider a new clamp as well.

What duty cycle are you seeing and on what fuel/PSI?

Last edited:

die_sel91

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
mk7r
Yes, there was an exhaust leak on the turbo between the core and exhaust housing. The clamp came loose a little bit and you could eventually see the black soot around it. I only noticed when I took the turbo out and noticed the housing was rotated.

If you're experiencing this, ask Daniel about a lock nut. I would consider a new clamp as well.

What duty cycle are you seeing and on what fuel/PSI?
Thanks for the reply! I'll be doing a boost leak test today.

I'm on e85, 33psi.

It was around 88/90 duty % at the most at redline, now it hits 90% at 6k and creeps to 100% at redline.
Zero codes.