Sounds like heater core is clogged with Silica gel balls from the bag in the expansion tank.Interested to see what major things have come up with other high-mileage owners. Will be rolling over 200,000km on mine this month.
Ashamed it took like 40k km but finally sitting in a place now where I know what has been done and what needs to be done. Installing like-new PP front calipers and redoing all the pads/rotors at the same time next month. Only unknown is a carbon clean.. which will come after the brakes. Had a crazy misfire on startup two weeks ago with no dashboard lights or codes, but hasn't happened since. No clue if it's ever been done and that's my only worry.
- 1 Previous owner, I bought it with 146,000km. 12-year corrosion warranty has replaced my driver's door and tailgate. (Ontario)
- 176,000km - Wastegate repaired, thermostat and water pump replaced.
- 178,000km - DSG service, previous records show this was also done at 121,000km.
- 182,000km - HVAC motor malfunction. Still blows cold and hot air only works on the driver's side and takes like 20 minutes to heat up.. Big job to get fixed but can live without it for now.
- 183,000km - Battery and voltage checked (new battery at 108,000km). Plugs and coil boots replaced.
Yes, same thing. If its not the heater core, chances are its that valve....I just dealt with the same problem on my daughters car last month. Thought it was probably the core, but turned out it was the valve further up the line was actually the problem.Didnt even read the block of text underneath, was refering to the 182k heater issue.
I'll give this a shot first. However, I still think the distribution motor will still need replacing which is unfortunate. Thanks for the writeup, found this other thread which was helpful;If its not the heater core, chances are its that valve....I just dealt with the same problem on my daughters car last month. Thought it was probably the core, but turned out it was the valve further up the line was actually the problem.
Ha, you will see from my other thread I also replaced the outside air recirculation flap motor too.... Although that wasn't related to the no heat problem in my case, was just causing clicking as the flap was stuck open.
1.8 fwd sportwagen crossed 100k on a trip to FL last month.
Somewhere around 1000 autocross runs. JB4 for about half its miles.
Seems to be holding up well, burns about a quart per 10k miles. A bad cv boot (my fault) and a leaking oil pan (fixed) my only real problems, along with a pinhole radiator leak requiring a top off every 5k or so.