GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

High Milage GTI

mhouck

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey gang, I hadn't posted on here in years, and really enjoyed going back and re-reading my "new GTI!" post.

Six years later, I'm still in love with my DSG PP LP car. 108k miles!

I wanted to ping the group and see how the other over 100k cars are holding up. I've been considering springs/shocks, and am about to going through the forum to see what everyone says about timing chain and what not. I've always been pretty dedicated to the 10k mile service schedule (4 VWs, 3 over 100k), but have read some instances in which some say over 100k its good to go to 5k.

Is anyone changing their service habits over 100k miles? I'm looking to hold on to it for a while longer, as I still really love driving it. My only issues have been a broken gas door locking mechanism, leaky water pump and timing cover gasket that had to be replaced, and a thermostat housing that was replaced just inside of the powertrain warranty.

I live in Texas and always run 93 octane, and the one thing I hadn't really thought to do was carbon removal. Would I be seeing signs that it would be time for that?

Thanks everyone

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Im almost in the 100k club. About 2k left to go. Probably gonna do timing chain at 100k, better safe than sorry. Also gonna change oil change interval to 5k. Cant hurt changing the oil more often.

Like you i have no plans to get rid of it any time soon. Most likely gonna drive it till until the wheels fall off. If your valves were carboned i would think you should have seen signs by now, running a little rough, stored misfire codes. But couldnt hurt to get them cleaned anyway.