GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hidden switch electrical advice

Matt_GTD99

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 2013
Hi all
I’m wanting to leave my car running in a cold morning (I know some advise against it lol)
I’m in a private drive but don’t want anyone jumping in and nicking it
I know the one option is to just use a steering lock but it’s a bit naff
So was thinking about putting a secret switch somewhere that won’t let you take out of park?
Is that possible?

golf mk7 gtd dsg 2013

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi all
I’m wanting to leave my car running in a cold morning (I know some advise against it lol)
So was thinking about putting a secret switch somewhere that won’t let you take out of park?
Is that possible?

golf mk7 gtd dsg 2013
If my memory serves me right then there's an adaptation you can set which will allow you to lock the car with a second key while the first is in the barrel with engine on.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hi all
Is that possible?

golf mk7 gtd dsg 2013

Actually if you read your car insurance document's small print you will find that is considered "left unattended" & you will not be covered if the car is stolen...

;)

Matt_GTD99

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 2013
If my memory serves me right then there's an adaptation you can set which will allow you to lock the car with a second key while the first is in the barrel with engine on.
Oooh very interesting!