GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'Hidden' Features/Quirks/Refinements

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
I actually don't like this and wish it had more notches to hold the door in place. It's just not stiff enough and one of these days a light breeze is gonna piss me off.
Or if you have a teenage step daughter who opens doors like they're mad all the time...oh wait.

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4mo 6MT
With the keyless ignition/lock feature (SEs and Autobahns in 2021), when you exit your car and lock it, you can then also close the sunroof by pressing and holding the door handle in the same way you do to lock it. I just started to play with the feature and it seems that you have to press it the entire time it takes the roof to close. I've not quite figured it all out, but it seems handy.
You can also Vagcom your car to do this with your key fob. Hold the lock button and windows and sunroof close.

For those of you in colder climates, after shutting off the car hit the wiper stalk once and your blades will go up and stay on the windshield.

AquaTone61

Car(s)
2015 GTI SE DSG
If you run the front wipers or have them on auto and they are running because of rain, when you put the car in reverse the rear wiper will swipe once to clear the back glass. Also, if you spray the front windshield, the washers will wet the windshield before the wipers actually move. Most cars just start running the wipers before the glass actually gets wet and that just wipes the dirt around.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Depending on your year and trim, some people (like myself) have a drawer under their driver seat. Seems to be something people that don't know they have it take a while to find on their own.

Regarding the driver's seat (USA) drawer that's missing in the MK7.5s like my 2021 GTI SE, has anyone successfully installed ECS Tuning's drawer kit as linked to below? It shows as suitable only for the MK7 Sportwagen and Alltrack, but these are Golf-based and I'm wondering if the fit would match? We have the drawer in my wife's '17 Golf and like it.

Driver's Seat Tray Kit - Titanium Black

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Center console lid can also be lifted up into different positions and lock into place for different height/angle arm rest.
Except for the R's. Have to unlock them or change to a gti hinge To get a arm rest cubby.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Center console lid can also be lifted up into different positions and lock into place for different height/angle arm rest.
Nice! I did not know this. I’m trying this out as soon as I get back in my car.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Regarding the driver's seat (USA) drawer that's missing in the MK7.5s like my 2021 GTI SE, has anyone successfully installed ECS Tuning's drawer kit as linked to below? It shows as suitable only for the MK7 Sportwagen and Alltrack, but these are Golf-based and I'm wondering if the fit would match? We have the drawer in my wife's '17 Golf and like it.

Driver's Seat Tray Kit - Titanium Black

As a follow-up, ECS confirmed that their ECS 3191309 (aka VW 5GM 882 599 KT) will fit my 2021 GTI SE.

Does anyone know the correct torque specification for the four bolts that hold the seat rails to the body?