GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Her TSI her way

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Best Dad ever? Your boy's got a ride 10,000 times sweeter than what I had at 17.

Thank you. Far nicer than my first ride too. I really didn't want to part it out because of the work she put into it. My son is going to need to work to pay for fuel and insurance.

Bowmanville? I'm in Scarborough at PT.Union.

I would leave it.(the thread)

Good memories to come back to sometime.

Condolences and best wishes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you. I figured I'd leave it up. There's not a lot of info on the Golf TSI around and it is nice to look back.

Thanks for sharing her with us.
Keep thread up so other ladies and young girls see that girls can like cars also.
I think your Wife would like that.
Keep riding for her.
What better way to keep her car going than have a Son drive it.

Thank you. It was amazing how many women and young girls went out of their way to say nice car or I love your wheels. It's actually amazing the attention it got just rolling around. She really loved the way it all turned out. My son asked if he could get rid of the pink shift knob though.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Well my boy is keeping the car. A new driver so hopefully he can keep it together. I'll clean up this thread (thanks photobucket) to make it presentable for the archives and start another thread for this car. There aren't too many 1.8T's around tuned.
The car will likely remain pretty much the same this year with the exception of wheels and shift knob.
Thanks for reading.

Here's the dyno video to go with the numbers. 278/325

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Glad to hear your son is keeping it going. Definitely keep us posted.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Thank you everyone.
For those who have asked here are the parts needed for the MK7.5 Golf R bumper swap.

Attachments

• 20200124_085456.jpg
    20200124_085456.jpg
    838.6 KB · Views: 169

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I just discovered this thread after spending all day wrenching with my friend on our cars while our yard apes ran around us. Love, cars and family. Stay strong, brother.

sijray21

Go Kart Newbie
so sorry for your loss and i hope you and your son are able to cope well. i'm glad to hear you're keeping it, but even if anything else happens you'll have the pictures and memories. i love the build and the wheel color choice even if it will change in the future.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Well my boy is 17 and a new driver and he's enjoying his car. I was going to make a thread for him but that's up to him and I'll post a few pics for the people out there that still read things. We needed to powder coat the wheels again this year so my soon chose the exact same color as his mother, I totally understand why.

So the official mod list looks like this:
ST coilovers
Dieselgeek short shifter
GTI dual exhaust valance
AWE track exhaust
Euro skidplate with brackets
3SDM wheels
CTS Turbo catted downpipe
CTS Turbo intercooler
IS20 turbo
CTS Turbo dog bone insert
ST rear away bar
MK7 Golf R seats
Kufatec seat harnesses
South Bend stage 3 daily clutch
BFI shit knob
CTS turbo intake
CTS turbo BOV
CTS turbo turbo muffler delete
CTS turbo inlet elbow
APR IS20 91 octane tune
Golf R front bumper
GTI 312mm brakes
BFI shift boot

Other things;
Underglow
Brakes powdered white
Wheels powdered aqua candy teal again.
Tint
Opticoat
Soundstream RN5.2000D amplifier
Skar Audio SDR 10 and enclosure
Thinkware F800 dashcam
Weathertech mats

We put some work into the car during the COVID-19 lock down. We installed all new brakes, dash cam, and an amplifier and sub. It's great to spend time working on the car with your boy. We even had a math lesson cross drilling some rotors.

20200412_150951.jpg
20200412_155735.jpg
20200520_190743.jpg
20200520_190628.jpg

He's liking it up to now.
Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• 20200504_231245.jpg
    20200504_231245.jpg
    695.4 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks to my good friend Dennis at Badgeskins.com for helping us out trolling a few people on the streets and online.

20200520_202802.jpg

220px-James_Howard_April_1944.jpg

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
I don't know what to say. Touched. My condolences. What a thread.

As a fellow 1.8t guy ( GSW) i'd say this car is a rare bird. There are only a few modified 1.8t's that aren't AT's or GSW's.

Keep the thread going and thank you for sharing.